Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
For wiring these dashcams into the fuse box, is it as simple as a couple of youtube vids have done it? hook the negative up, then wrap the positive around one of the fuses that get power when the keys in?
just seems a bit ropey wrapping it round the fuse.

you can get fuse piggybacks which are probably a safer and neater option. its a bit like a double plug adapter for fuses.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
For wiring these dashcams into the fuse box, is it as simple as a couple of youtube vids have done it? hook the negative up, then wrap the positive around one of the fuses that get power when the keys in?
just seems a bit ropey wrapping it round the fuse.

You can get an 'add a circuit' from the likes of eBay.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416581479.536300.jpg

And if you get a camera that already has a plug socket on it then you can get one of these from eBay too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416581527.276678.jpg

Then it's just a case of hiding the excess wiring behind the dash and everything can be put back to standard in minutes with no worries about dodgey connections or in cabin fires ;)

Ant

RMS Regular
ordered one of the piggy backs, much cleaner than wrapping wires round one.

Mines 12v with a positive/negative and an accessorie wire

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
A lot may be fairly flexible on input voltage, but all USB inputs are supposed to be 5v.

The cigarette adaptor will step it down to 5v for the USB.

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd

ha ha ha ha ha! - that has to be the best one yet! must have been on grandmas olde cough mixture - once is bad enough but then to nearly get wiped out by a lorry after recovering from that pirouette - madness

Ant

RMS Regular
boils my blood every day that, guaranteed there will be a huge gap behind but every arsehole under the sun will try to squeeze in a few car lengths further up from the Whiteabbey lane, least three times a week I see someone leave it so late they try cut over the chevrons

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Unbelievable what they can make them for post them and still make money lol

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Mine was listed as 1080p but there didnt seem to be a setting for it, so I asked the seller if I was missing something. I immediately got an £8 refund. It stands me £1.97 lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Unbelievable what they can make them for post them and still make money lol

Make them, the charge lead, mounting brackets, packaging...and post them from China !! And including Paypal and egay fees !!

It'd cost you more to post something just to/from England FFS

PhilM

RMS Regular

Roundabouts in coalisland are unreal at the best of times, having to look right AND left, now you have to watch out for people overtaking on them aswell.

Lol thats brilliant in the worst possible way.

Phil