Reclaiming Tax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The Hemi goes on Saturday of this week.

When can I redeem tax on it as new owner wants to tax it prior to getting on the ferry using the mini v5 slip. Also what number do you ring?

Thanks,

Chris

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Tax comes back automatically when Swansea gets the V5. The new owner can take it to a post office and tax it on the day they buy it.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Tax comes back automatically when Swansea gets the V5. The new owner can take it to a post office and tax it on the day they buy it.

@Coog
So green slip, insurance and MOT allows purchase of tax in any post office now ?

Reactions: wes

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yep it sure does. You need the certificate print outs with you. No disc though, just a receipt. Seemed a bit weird lol

Razor.

RMS Regular
Drives
yes
Yep! Commensurate with time remaining which was £20 odd for the 350z. I haven't even bothered to cash the cheque!

The government really are b4stards.

Untitled.jpg

On another note just seen here that monthly direct debits would have worked out cheaper for me.
Surely has to be a mistake !

wes

RMS Regular
You can only do direct debit after paying your 1st 6mth or year upfront by the way

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
How long does it take for the tax to be refunded? If car was taxed on Saturday for new owner? Anyone know?

Lee

RMS Regular
Surely it'd be a bit of a pain trying to get your insurance certificate printed out straight away for taxing once you buy a car. How do you print it. Esp if you buy in the evening time.

I taxed my car online about a month ago but can't fooking remember what they required off me. But obvs couldn't show my ins cert or mot through the net.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.