Motorbike Lost Key Replacement

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kbelfast

RMS Member
Drives
BMW
Lost the keys to my Kawasaki Eliminator, 2001 model.

Does anyone know where / how / if I might be able to get replacement keys?

Belfast based!

Cheers.

kbelfast

RMS Member
OP
K
Drives
BMW
New barrel jobbie I do believe. EBay or scrappys will be your best bet.

Thanks Banksy. The one key was for the petrol tank, the ignition and the side panel.
You wouldn't know where I could get someone to replace the key instead of getting a new barrel (or three new barrels).

cheers!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Don't think they can be replaced without a master key to copy bud. If that was the case bikes would be getting lifted Left right and centre.
By the sounds of it itl be new barrels all around.
You could however have the barrels disassembled and decoded by a decent automotive locksmith then get key blanks cut. but I can imagine itl cost more than a set of barrels and keys!

kbelfast

RMS Member
OP
K
Drives
BMW
Don't think they can be replaced without a master key to copy bud. If that was the case bikes would be getting lifted Left right and centre.
By the sounds of it itl be new barrels all around.

One dealer in portadown said that there is a number code on the barrel of the older bikes (its 2001) that can be used to make a new key. First I'd heard too.
Thanks for the advice mate. cheers.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Havlins can cut keys to match the barrel, if you can get the one of them off the bike, ignition probably, leave it with them and they can cut a key for it.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
The key centre on castlereagh road would do most of our keys. They also made a key to open a topbox we had sitting. Good job and good prices.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.