AE86/Twincam

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
Any AE86 twincams out there always wanted one have about £6000 sitting is there any about at the minute ?

I don't mind if it's Uk
Or Jap UK converted

As long as it's not rotten and it needs to be MOTD

£6000 budget

jincam

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt coupe
6000 wont get you much if your after a uk specced car man and dont want to weld, youd get a good booter coupe or a rough one for that save another 2 grand and your into ones that have been welded but are clean, ive had quite a few and have a restored 84 uk in my shed, the biggest problem with twincams are for some strange reason owners think they can fix them themselves wether it be to weld in a wee patch even though they cant weld or swap out an engine even though their not a mechanic and the butcher jobs ive seen are inbelievable (found a bleed nipple welded on a front caliper on my old car after someone had rung it) and they are a constant battle to maintain from experience, but i love them and thats why i put up with the torture

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
They are always advertised for 7-8k. But do people actually pay that? I'd have thought if someone is selling and they are offered 6k cash would they not accept?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Import one. Not only will you get a much nicer, much more unique one, it'll be in decent shape for that budget.

A mate of mine imports stuff - Drift Wizards. Check them out on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/driftwizards?fref=ts

They just sold this last week (dunno if you can see it or not because it's from his Facebook page)

10431683_765214416885669_1977808462286717003_n.jpg

Last edited:

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
OP
Skyline-R33
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
Iv seen them for sale for 7-8 and up myself spoke to guy that would buy and sell abit like myself and was told realisticly you can get them for 6 but if you do you will always make on them

I don't mind if f the car has been welded aslong as its solid now

JH86

RMS Regular
has tubby still got the the white one for 7k its what id be viewing? 6k is do able but it wont be the prettiest

JH86

RMS Regular
They are always advertised for 7-8k. But do people actually pay that? I'd have thought if someone is selling and they are offered 6k cash would they not accept?

na you would be told to whistle.. you wont loose money in a good 86

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
A grade 4.5?? you won't get one, sorry! Alan's a sound guy and some nice motors... but if you're in the market for an AE86 you need to do your research about them! There's a reason why some cars are 5-6k and others are 9-10k up... Good ones are making stronger money every day... in Japan too, proper grade 4 cars have sold for over 10-12k before fees, shipping, etc... Have to agree though, importing one is best if you're looking for a keeper, but depends what style/spec you're after... prices vary... ALOT

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
OP
Skyline-R33
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
never hold on to anything for too long going to see a £7000 jap to uk converted one tonight will have around 8 maybe bit more to look for one in a few weeks

jincam

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt coupe
never hold on to anything for too long going to see a £7000 jap to uk converted one tonight will have around 8 maybe bit more to look for one in a few weeks
You sound the very same as me i fall in love with a car then have to get one then get bored and move her on i know a good car as well id say you do and I have owned a nearly every rwd going but I will warn you twincams are a disaster and the money you will spend days and ritely so driving around looking at them will fry your head plus boys who know every inch of a coupe can also hide things on a coupe 6 grand coupes are 6 grand for a reason, granted you might shift her in a few weeks for 6500 but the diff might go or a caliper sieze and itl cost you money, booter coupes are cheaper because they are a small market of boys who want them i hate going on like an expert but im telling you as ive read your posts and you go on just like me lol, people will love telling you about whatever corolla you buy all the "facts" they know about your car how it got a chassis leg or a pocket or their mate blew it up in donegal im not in that corolla lets go to a secret diff after a show crowd but people can still tell me my name and where i live and who painted my car just by my reg but dont let that put you off buy one and drive through every town blipping through the gears, if you dont your not allowed one ha!

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
You sound the very same as me i fall in love with a car then have to get one then get bored and move her on i know a good car as well id say you do and I have owned a nearly every rwd going but I will warn you twincams are a disaster and the money you will spend days and ritely so driving around looking at them will fry your head plus boys who know every inch of a coupe can also hide things on a coupe 6 grand coupes are 6 grand for a reason, granted you might shift her in a few weeks for 6500 but the diff might go or a caliper sieze and itl cost you money, booter coupes are cheaper because they are a small market of boys who want them i hate going on like an expert but im telling you as ive read your posts and you go on just like me lol, people will love telling you about whatever corolla you buy all the "facts" they know about your car how it got a chassis leg or a pocket or their mate blew it up in donegal im not in that corolla lets go to a secret diff after a show crowd but people can still tell me my name and where i live and who painted my car just by my reg but dont let that put you off buy one and drive through every town blipping through the gears, if you dont your not allowed one ha!

Did anybody else read that in a Guy Martin accent

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
OP
Skyline-R33
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
Realisticly I was wanting one to take to Donegal for bit of crack at rally weekend buy newry cruise is an option now never hold on to anything too long the 14 will be away in a few days and something different will be bought

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
OP
Skyline-R33
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
put it like this i wont be buying one to have fun with and then loose money on it that black one is a real nice one

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
@**mugen** from delivering to one of the guys from DW he seems like a pretty dead on down to earth guy.

@JHXR tubby sent me a snapchat of his getting cleaned. Looked to me like he was for keeping it. But it's tubby, everything is for sale!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.