Expired Deal Gen1 Nexus 7 49.99

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I was waiting for a 2013 model but can't beat that for a deal to be honest.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I have a 2013 model and its great, but for £49 thats a bargain.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I would be tempted but apparantly it doesn't work with the Chromecast.

Steve C

RMS Regular
Supported devices are listed here:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6059461?hl=en&ref_topic=2995192

The 2012 Nexus 7 isn't listed.

That just means that you can't mirror the screen, supported apps will still cast.

This is an old tablet that has been superseded twice now. I see little point in buying old technology to save a few quid. These aren't even new, they're refurbished.

@Lyons if you bought one don't worrry, you'll get your money back on it no problem if it doesn't suit you.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone looking one of these let me know and you can have mine when it arrives.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Supported devices are listed here:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6059461?hl=en&ref_topic=2995192

The 2012 Nexus 7 isn't listed.

This is an old tablet that has been superseded twice now. I see little point in buying old technology to save a few quid. These aren't even new, they're refurbished.

@Lyons if you bought one don't worrry, you'll get your money back on it no problem if it doesn't suit you.

Might look for a faulty Nexus 4 to use in the house just.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Im going to trial it in the car see how it works. 50 quid do well at least its not some unknown tab running android 2.4 or something.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
DSC00463.JPG

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
not much to tell - making the mount is the hard part. Aux in to the std HU which will be recessed back into the dash behind the tablet and USB charger. Use tasker to manage the screen (switch it on when charger detected - ie ign on - and off again when charger is disconnected).

because the std HU is still in play the steering wheel volume and bluetooth phone will still work etc.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
That looks quite neat, dunno how I would be able to recess my HU though. Although it kinda defeats the purpose somewhat I would miss the AM/FM Tuner.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Im going to trial it in the car see how it works. 50 quid do well at least its not some unknown tab running android 2.4 or something.

Put showbox on it and localcast so you can stream the showbox content to the chromecast, and it will be best £50 you ever did spend.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.