Mondello Trackdays 2014

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Been making enquiries about doing this , places available but filling up fast , remaining places only for road cars ie . must have two seats

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They do tend to sell out fast, yes. Plan to go myself for sure. Not sure about two seats, there are usually a few race cars there, Tony has had the Bonda down. But no single-seaters for sure (formula racers, etc.).

Jim28

RMS Regular
Drives
e39,e46
Been making enquiries about doing this , places available but filling up fast , remaining places only for road cars ie . must have two seats
Just booked this proper shake down run for my Diff... Anyone else going?

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Had fully intended to do this but now something has come up , disappointed but maybe another time ? Good luck to you guys who will be there , try to behave and for goodness sake don't go lookin to buy ' THE MILK '

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It was indeed :grinning: Never thought I would say this about Mondello, but it was too darned hot, lol :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
You boys did seem to enjoy yourself, though thankfully not quite as much as the one with the orange wheels!

Yep, the cooling fan on the engine kicked in on the second lap, so that means 92+ against a normal 80 after just one lap, lol :grinning: Never comes on normally except in stand-still traffic. And the tyres just disappeared inside two laps or so. No more than five laps or so per session before at least 30 mins cooling down, against normally 20-30 minutes on track.

The car is probably still cooling down in the garage :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another Mondello trackday announced, for Sunday 14 December.

This one is run by Mondello themselves. It is trackday only, no Timeattack, etc.

Open pitlane on the International circuit, to "winter hours" 11:00 to 15:00, with no break for lunch.

Pre-pay €99:-, on the day €119:-

Info/questions/etc.: info@mondellopark.ie

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
One more winter day before the new year, for Tuesday 30 December. By Mondello themselves, same format as above.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
What sort of cars does mondello get on a public track day? A lot of track prepared stuff or more road bias cars?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Huge mix on the open days, anything from nice road cars to race cars to "one-day specials". And drivers to match. Not as consistently good as the OTD days, the Open days can be a little bit hit and miss. Sometimes packed full, sometimes quiet; sometimes good standards, sometimes the odd pleb.

Overall usually ok though, if you feel the urge and there is no OTD day on :grinning:

longchamps

RMS Regular
Drives
mx5 rs
The one i did there was more race cars and modified track cars there.Even some of the road cars where running race tyres.Your bombing round wondering why you cant catch the battered old ford ka ahead then findout its a full on race car sleeper with a 1.7 puma engine lol class! you have as much fun out in a slower car and use less fuel winner!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.