E46 double din alternatives

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Razor.

RMS Regular
Drives
yes
As the title really, the standard single din Business unit is pants.
Im looking to change to a double din. (Im aware that you need to move CC unit)
The OEM style by Dynavin seem to be the way forward but they are ridiculously priced :worried:

Anyone upgraded recently or in the past what did you all go for?
Would like to see pics fitted if possible too ! :laughing:

Many thanks

baron

RMS Regular
e46.jpg

this is an alpine i've done in a e46 with heater controls relocated below, heater box modified, custom cage, alpine touchscreen, DVD, iPod, USB, Bluetooth, steering controls etc.

Razor.

RMS Regular
OP
Razor.
Drives
yes
That looks really well. Forgot all about the steering controls that would be a bonus but not really fussed.

PAULW

RMS Regular
Most double din units are too deep for the e46 and require the heater pipe work to be cut into and re-profiled, as per @baron comment above. Plenty of work in it.
Therefore folk either choose shallow double dins (parrot asteroid is popular) or do a single din.

warren

RMS Photographer
Yeah I really wish they had one for my Volvo, wouldn't have to think twice about it!

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Remember seeing Eonon units for the astra's when i had one on one of the vx forums & they got terrible reviews but that was a few years back now so could all be sorted.

warren

RMS Photographer
I was only playing with this for about 20mins or so, but works perfect from what I can tell. Doesn't seem slow or buggy, sounds crystal clear through the harmon kardon speakers in that car. First I've ever seen one, but I was very impressed by it.

jason912

RMS Regular
Drives
M3/M4/M6
As the title really, the standard single din Business unit is pants.
Im looking to change to a double din. (Im aware that you need to move CC unit)
The OEM style by Dynavin seem to be the way forward but they are ridiculously priced :worried:

Anyone upgraded recently or in the past what did you all go for?
Would like to see pics fitted if possible too ! :laughing:

Many thanks

I have a Pioneer Avic F40BT, was installed in my old E46 M3 , purchased about year and half ago. Awesome piece of kit and probably the best I have ever used. Cost a small fortune new. Message me if interested as I plan on selling it very soon. Comes with everything needed for fitting.

Spec:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/AVIC-F40BT/page.html

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
As am I.
Ive read the reviews and Eonon seem to have ironed out most of the flaws.
So much technology for the price!

I havent even got that far yet ... Xmas and car tax took priority :p

Any links for the reviews?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I havent even got that far yet ... Xmas and car tax took priority :p

Any links for the reviews?

Just google it I don't have any direct links as there are that many reviews of it on e46zone and e46fanatics. Most complaints are minor imo.
the poor radio reception is the only issue that would bother me but I think I read there is a workaround for that as well.
My tax is up end of January as well so the HU will have to take a backseat as well.

My main reason for getting it is for the handsfree for the wife and it looks oem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.