Smacked in carpark

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Revenge is great scumbag hit my car with no insurance. So 8 months later I got a Chinese delivery (thought it was him) so I rang to confirm and it was. I stopped on the way opened his curry and pished in it, put the lid on. Arrived at his flat delivered it he even gave me a quid tip.
If it was my motor and the other guy denies all and you're gonna have to be out of pocket is beat every panel of his car in some night

The above post is no used to you @Coog. I do hope you get it sorted

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Revenge is great scumbag hit my car with no insurance. So 8 months later I got a Chinese delivery (thought it was him) so I rang to confirm and it was. I stopped on the way opened his curry and pished in it, put the lid on. Arrived at his flat delivered it he even gave me a quid tip.

Lovely.

Steve C

RMS Regular

Was it floating in piss so it was inedible? Or was it just a bit of piss so that he wouldn't notice and would eat it?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
There was a good bit in it hope he choked on it cnut. If it hadn't been so cold I was for cracking 1 off into it as well :p
Was it floating in piss so it was inedible? Or was it just a bit of piss so that he wouldn't notice and would eat it?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
When some old coffin dodger scuffed the bumper on my Fiesta, and denied everything the Police couldn't have been better. They told him there was fresh damage to both cars and that if they had to investigate it they would be seeking prosecution for driving with out due care and attention, and as he had walked off from the scene possibly leaving the scene of an accident too. As for the accident management company when the school girl in the mini hit the Fiesta, her company were dragging their heals, with in 1 hour of contacting crash they were on the phone wanting to get the car in to get fixed. I assume simply because they knew that their costs would increase once crash started to handle the case

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
How can he deny it when there is photographic proof?

Seems most people are raised badly these days.

I witnessed an old woman ramming the car in front trying to get out of her parking space at the roadside in Ahoghill a few years ago.

A friend was over at the cash machine and he spoke to her and told her what she was doing. She said she wasnt hitting the car, it was just the kerb. She continued until she got out lol

Some peoples eyes and brains just do not work..nevermind their memory

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Well just to conclude this one the other party at first denied any wrong doing and said no damage to their own car. Police landed up and pointed him to the marks on his car in line with the ones on ours and advised they had CCTV and our pictures to support. I'm not sure if he was stupid or lying (I think it was probably the former) but either way he admitted it must have been him and agreed to pay to fix the damage. Police gave us his number and we worked directly with him to get it sorted.

Three quotes and picked one we were all happy with, he paid the body shop directly and we're booked in towards end of the month to get it repaired.

Hats off to police - despite all the usual pessimist responses saying they won't care, etc we found them to be very responsive, considerate and definitely on our side throughout the whole thing. They really went after the guy and worked hard for us. We got regular updates from them and really believe that without them this guy would have got away with it. Body shops also great in finding a solution to get us all to agree on the work done and payment method. Our local insurance company - meh. It's no wonder so many people use Crash services. The insurance companies could save a fortune by taking the bull by the horns and doing this themselves (like Tony @ Greenlight above). Every accident company we went to gave us a Crash services brochure. Not one of them recommended we try get our insurance company to sort it and work for us.

All in a bit of hassle but at least we're getting the car fixed and it's not cost us anything apart from a bit of time :grinning:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
So the police charged him with leaving scene, failing to give details, lying etc ?

They wouldn't always do that if its resolved for both parties where everyone is happy?

Technically they should but sometimes its better this way IMO

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
So the police charged him with leaving scene, failing to give details, lying etc ?

The police gave us the option to prosecute but we declined. They would have supported us had we wanted. We could have went after him but our priorities were to get the car fixed & not pay for it. No sense going after an old boy who can't park and clearly had no idea he caused any damage until presented with the evidence. I figured we all had better things to do with our time :grinning:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They wouldn't always do that if its resolved for both parties where everyone is happy?

Technically they should but sometimes its better this way IMO

But lets face it...it IS a more serious offence than 35 in a 30 on an empty road. Rarely will they give you a choice then.

It's odd the police prosecute on their own when no damage or harm is done...yet when it is done, give people a choice ?

Obviously there was a resolution here, reasonably amicable, I still see it as a strange one. Especially as the other party was attempting to deny it all to start with. IMO that's reason alone to prosecute.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
The denied it initially because they didn't know they did it. Why else leave the car still buried into the side of ours? If you're going to deny it you'd at least move the car to the other side of the carpark!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Same situation as my other half. I think the police quietly told them that they could be done for leaving the scene. A cheque arrived in the post pretty sharply after that. Again, chose not to prosecute as it would likely end up being a pain in the balls as much for us as them and the main priority was the car.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The denied it initially because they didn't know they did it. Why else leave the car still buried into the side of ours? If you're going to deny it you'd at least move the car to the other side of the carpark!

If you've crashed into another car and didnt even notice...that's yet even more reason they need something done !! Whether punishment or a bloody eye test !

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Same situation as my other half. I think the police quietly told them that they could be done for leaving the scene. A cheque arrived in the post pretty sharply after that. Again, chose not to prosecute as it would likely end up being a pain in the balls as much for us as them and the main priority was the car.

Happened to us too years ago when a lady pulled out in front of my mum's Volvo 740gl in a little french hatchback. Needless to say her car was wrecked and ours was fine bar a broken light. She coughed as soon as the police told her it was that or prosecution for dangerous driving

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Happened to us too years ago when a lady pulled out in front of my mum's Volvo 740gl in a little french hatchback. Needless to say her car was wrecked and ours was fine bar a broken light. She coughed as soon as the police told her it was that or prosecution for dangerous driving

Thing is...it was dangerous driving, so why no prosecution ?? That really baffles me. There shouldnt be a choice there.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Thing is...it was dangerous driving, so why no prosecution ?? That really baffles me. There shouldnt be a choice there.

I can see how it works both ways - Ive learnt more of a lesson from a stern word from the police than the two times ive got poiunts ...

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro

This is still brilliant and deserves some kind of platform.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.