URGENT! Corsa C 2002 Oil Problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Hi guys!

Corsa is giving me grief yet again.

Basically when im driving, I can smell burning oil. It lasts for a wee while but ehen I turn my heating fans off it stops. I checked the oil and it was out of oil, so I put 1L in it two days ago. It only left a really thin bit on my dipstick. I didnt smell the oil when driving today but my oil light flashed one twice. It only stays on for a second.

I did the pedal test but the flashing was continuous and apparently that means there's no problems.

Any ideas on the problem? I need to drive the car tomorrow for a total of about 20 miles in 3 return journeys.

A.M.Q.R.

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GT TSI
It could be oil leaking from oil switch at top of the engine and burning on the exhaust manifold

Take it its either a 1.0 or 1.2

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
I don't know what either of those 2 things are ;___;! Yeh it's a 1.2 :worried:! @ace275 said to put 2l of oil in and see if that works ^^! Would I smell oil if the oil was low?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
You may have spilt a little bit topping it up the other day which could be the smell, but get the level checked and topped up accordingly before anything else, and look for leaks.

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
I did spill it cause im stupid but what about before I topped it up?

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
That smell would be having no oil in it to start with, where's the oil level at now?

REALLY :laughing:???? Cause after I smelt the smell, my oil was non existent. Then I put just like approx 1L in (whatever was left in my two oil things) and it went up just above the minimum line but the oil looked really thin. Basically as if my dipstick was dipped in water .___.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Pretty sure that engine would hold a good 3.5L's. So if it was completely dry you'll need to add more. When was the oil last done? The burning could also be the piston rings

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
@Jethro that's far too often for me evidentially xD!!

@Eamo_vxr oki ^^!! Ill top up the oil tomorrow, see if that fixes it and ill find cardboard tomorrow to check :grinning:! Thank you :grinning:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Top up the oil gradually give it time to travel down to the sump and then check the dipstick

Be very careful not to overfill aswell so take your time don't just bung it in in bulk

And wipe dipstick off on a rag each time u dip for a better reading
If there's mo sign of leaks sounds like you shud book it in somewhere sooner rather than later for a check as you could very easily seize the engine of oil levels drop

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Where are you located. I am sure one of the rms gentlemen would be more than willing to get your motor running properly

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
@Mook but if I put oil in it does that mean it wont seize? I don't think its leaking my engine doesnt look wet anywhere .__.

@Wild Thing south Belfast but its oki imma go to Halfords when they open and buy some oil ^^! I will have to drive it there but it only takes 3 minutes to drive from mums to there (I have to drive because my mum really hates walking and shell kill me if I even suggest walking)

colin84

RMS Regular
Sounds like it's time to take it to a mechanic if your not sure. If you keep getting the oil light on it won't just be oil you will be putting in, it will be a new engine.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.