Removing Window Tints

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bugeye-scooby09

RMS Regular
Got a new car during the week and the rear windows have been tinted, I would like to remove them. Can I do this myself without making a mess or is there any recommendations as to who can do it?

Bugeye-scooby09

RMS Regular
OP
Bugeye-scooby09
Is it expensive to do? Have a back window and a rear passenger one tinted, rear drivers one has came off so gonna remove them all

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Not hard to pay. Depends how long it takes him. The elements for the heated rear window were the reason why I didn't do it myself. Give him a ring

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Its not an overly involved job, its just messy getting the glue off. Use hot soapy water as using a glue remover makes it sticky and a nightmare to remove

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
I used a hair dryer on mine, got the window up to a decent warm temp and then slowly peeled it off whilst still applying heat. Left almost no glue on the window afterwards. Think the mighty car mod guys show how its done in one of their videos. I only did the front two for the MOT so not sure how hard the rear window would be!

hippyross

RMS Regular
Peel the film off and spray glass cleaner on and scrape off with a blade it's that easy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.