Sold Car, Forogot about V5 -Police!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Ok so to cut a long story short, I sold my Evo on friday (reluctant sale but needed something more eco). Went to meet the fella in Sprucefield shopping centre as its a nice open public area. Fella came up loved the car and wee agreed on a price. I was busy counting the money and it was all there and sorted, BUT we both forgot about the filling out the V5! I actually only remembered when I was down buying my new car that I hadnt filled any of it out. So the V5 is still in the car!

Then last night/this morning, 4am to be percise I got a wrap on the door and it was the cops! Thought something tragic had happened as getting the police knocking on the door at 4 in the morning isnt always good news. My mother opened the door and they asked if I was there so she got me out of bed and they started asking me if I owned an Evo and I told them all of the above about selling it and forgetting about the logbook etc. They said they had got reports of the car being "messed with" in Belfast, and where theyre to check if it was me in the car or if it had maybe been stolen. I showed them the V5 part I had for my new car and they could clearly see it sitting on the back street and they where perfectly happy about it all and they got me to give a description of the fella who bought the car, but this being at 4am and me having been out on the sauce my mind was slightly scattered lol. But I did the best I could and they took my number and said they would be in contact.

The problem is, I have been trying to ring/text/facebook the fella who bought the car to get his address so I can ring the DVLA to get the damn car de-registered from me but im getting no response at all from him.

My question, what the hell do I do now??

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Just send a letter saying you sold it. And that you misplaced the v5
Yeah I seen that on the DVLA website, but they say I have to provide his name and addesss and that he also has to supply some kind of form. If I could get in contact with him it would be a help but I think he has blocked me on the phone and facebook. Its not so bad now because the police know im no longer the owner but any speeding tickets etc are still going to be billed to me.

The cop was 100% though and ive had a few dealing with him before in a few of my other cars, mainly due to how low the car is etc but ive always (well most of the time) been legal for the road and have never had a ticket or anything like that. They also seemed very interested when I told them the name of the fella who bought it and where he was from, a quick google search showed up why, but still I dont want any fecking fines or any more hassle from the cops over a car I dont own any more!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Seems strange. Is the cash 'cushty' ? Sounds possibly the type to be wary of

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
The cash actually looks fine, but I dont have much of it left! I sold the car and half an hour later went and bought my new one, and by the time I paid insurance and tax for the new wagon there isnt a whole pile left

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Prob just "enjoying" the power. Wouldn't worry too much.
Hopefully! seems odd why he would just cut contact completely with me. Will ring DVLA tomorrow and if theyre no help (99% likely they will be useless twats as always) will give the PSNI a wee phone and see what they recommend that I do!

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Just send DVLA a letter saying you sold the car to an unknown buyer. Sorted.

They'll reply saying thank you very much, you're no longer the registered keeper.

Reactions: EP2

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Just send DVLA a letter saying you sold the car to an unknown buyer. Sorted.

They'll reply saying thank you very much, you're no longer the registered keeper.
Cheers mate, will do that first thing monday morning!

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Lol, I've downgraded [emoji17]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419180071.181355.jpg

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Yeah I seen that on the DVLA website, but they say I have to provide his name and addesss and that he also has to supply some kind of form. If I could get in contact with him it would be a help but I think he has blocked me on the phone and facebook. Its not so bad now because the police know im no longer the owner but any speeding tickets etc are still going to be billed to me.

The cop was 100% though and ive had a few dealing with him before in a few of my other cars, mainly due to how low the car is etc but ive always (well most of the time) been legal for the road and have never had a ticket or anything like that. They also seemed very interested when I told them the name of the fella who bought it and where he was from, a quick google search showed up why, but still I dont want any fecking fines or any more hassle from the cops over a car I dont own any more!

Just write a letter and say "I am no longer the keeper of car reg xxx xxxx, please update your records to reflect this"

Did it before when I lost my v5. They wrote back to say they had done that and just keep the confirmation letter for reference

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Just write a letter and say "I am no longer the keeper of car reg xxx xxxx, please update your records to reflect this"

Did it before when I lost my v5. They wrote back to say they had done that and just keep the confirmation letter for reference
Deadly! Is that just to Swansea I send the letter yeah?

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
He was probably enjoying the anti lag a bit too much, makes an awful amount of noise lol think the cops came to the house to make sure the car hadn't been stolen. Will be sending the letter away tomorrow!

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I cant believe you sold it tbh...
Lovely car, hope the new owner looks after it

EP2

RMS Regular
OP
EP2
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Posted the letter off this morning, don't know what holidays they're taking at the dvla but not expecting to hear much from them for a few weeks at least lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.