Foam lance not really foaming

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
ive had mine probably near ten years and its still good, but not as great as used to be. will have to strip it and check it out. where can you buy gauzes? ebay?

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
The gauzes are such a rip off from autobrite, something like £6 delivery for ni, winds me right up that.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have autobrite lance and I used autobrite snowfoam and it was fine. I then changed to the Orchard Cotton Candy stuff and it blocked 2 gauzes very quickly, going to try something else next time.
Using the same product and have the same problem.does anyone know if snow foam can go off if sitting around for to long ??

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Using the same product and have the same problem.does anyone know if snow foam can go off if sitting around for to long ??

Not sure - It does take me a good while working my way through 5 Litres of foam but nonetheless the autobrite stuff never clogged and orchard clogged like mad. That said the second gauze clogged much quicker so maybe that's because the foam was older?
Either way I'm changing to Valet pro Ph neutral to see how that goes.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
snow foam doesn't really go off.

the autobrite one uses solvent carriers, so that might be one reason why you've never experienced clogging problems.

also, orchards stuff is pretty thick.

i have a wee scale which measures percentages, and the thickest I've ever tested is 50Cal, then mine and Orchards are the same level, then Glimmerman, and then Autobrite

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
That's interesting - I had no complaints about orchard apart from that. I did however work around the problem by removing the gauze, cutting a piece off and pulling it open to allow more flow (probably too much). In an ideal world I guess we would have different gauzes for different foams - man this could get complicated!

dshiels

RMS Regular
Not exactly the same topic, but does anyone know where you can get replacement autobrite bottles as the head snapped of mine. They seem to be a different thread to the likes of the meguiars bottles to the foam lance doesn't screw on properly and AB want about a million quid to post a new bottle to NI.

I have been using the Orchard foam and it has been clogging the gauze a lot more than previous foams I have used. I have to run descaler through the lance every week after I have used it

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
same story as me - Orchard foam is just too thick - or the gauze is too tight on these lances.
Autobrite's postage is also a disgrace - a fiver for a gauze.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
When I bought my snow foam lance, I also bought 2 different kinds of snow foam. Up until today I had only tried the one, that wasn't as foamy as I thought. But this other one is a hell of a lot more foamy, fair difference in thickness!

Here's some comparison photos.
1st snow foam I tried.
IMG-20150119-02033.jpg

2nd.
IMG-20150214-02063.jpg

IMG-20150214-02060.jpg

Big difference! Sorry for poor photography.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Noticed as my power washer is slowly dieing and not got the same pressure anymore the snow foaming action is not crap.

Need to have a half decent pressure for them to work

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Tightened up the adapter that attaches the lance to the powerwasher, as it felt loose and was leaking a bit. Works much better now. Also blow through the lance with clean water after, just to stop it clogging up.

I also think @big_pete is right, that the water quality has a big impact on how "foamy" it gets.

P1060595.JPG

Finally, that magic coating of Pete's still coming up nicely, even after being covered in mud and muck and salt and manure and general countryside pretty much all winter:

P1060596.JPG

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Revival!

Took my under performing lance apart and ordered a new gauze from clean-tec. Rather simple after watching YouTube. @Big Pimp if I put the parts in Lazer and leave it overnight will it help do you reckon?

22B2C68D-9D23-44BE-8978-169E576D29EB.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.