Northern Ireland MOT Discs Abolished from April 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

avo5021

RMS Regular
END OF THE ROAD FOR MOT DISC

26 January 2015

End to displaying Vehicle Test disc: Durkan

Environment Minister Mark H Durkan today announced that from 6 April 2015 Vehicle Test (‘MOT’) discs no longer have to be displayed on any vehicle.

Mr Durkan said: “I feel it is appropriate at this time to remove the need to display test discs on all vehicles in Northern Ireland, including goods vehicles and buses.

“A number of developments have made this possible including the introduction of Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN), provision of vehicle test reminders, and telephone and online booking.

“Testing compliance rates have also improved. In 2013 2.8% of registered vehicles did not come forward for testing. This compares to 28% in 2002. DVA enforcement officers and the PSNI are now able to confirm if a vehicle has a test from the records rather than looking for a disc displayed on a windscreen.”

Motor vehicles, goods vehicles and buses will still need to go through their respective vehicle tests but the test certificate will no longer include a vehicle test disc.

If any vehicle owners have a test disc which has not expired on this date, it can be removed from the vehicle and destroyed

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Disc was handy if some plonker (ie me) loses the certificate :oops:

Can't help but feel that it will increase the probability of cloning though?!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Another date i actually have to remember, when you get to my age remembering your date of birth is a positive.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I have 5 ****ing plates to display pain in the hole. Although when they get their finger out its meant to be going on the roof sign. Won't hold my breath though it will be the same as meters.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.