WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Didn't realise Mikkelsen was using last years Polo, gets the 2015 car in Portugal.

Steady run in Monte for him.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
That was good end for the lads :grinning:

After an eventful rally he proved with his stage times why he is in the series

Sam.

RMS Regular
Kubica off at the end of SS14

B8M5z_GIQAAdUnS.jpg

When he manages to stop crashing and having car issues he'll definitely be on the podium.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
He is good and I hate everybody making a laughing stock of him - Meeke used to crash in many events, so did Hirvonnen, Latvala etc. He has the pace no matter what everybody says - I like him. He is spectacular to watch in person! I do hope people keep giving him money to drive - so we can see some more flat out stages from him!

Sam.

RMS Regular
He is good and I hate everybody making a laughing stock of him - Meeke used to crash in many events, so did Hirvonnen, Latvala etc. He has the pace no matter what everybody says - I like him. He is spectacular to watch in person! I do hope people keep giving him money to drive - so we can see some more flat out stages from him!
I read somewhere that his crashing might not be him going over the limit as such, more that he can't always save small moments due to his hand. Makes sense

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He may adapt his driving style before it turns into something more serious than a laughing matter or bit of banter.

No doubting Robert's speed, that is clear, but every time is see him he is on the verge of crashing - Ogier/JML/Meeke are as quick yet can bring a car home on a more regular basis.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
There is no doubting Kubica's speed, he is exceptionally quick.

I think he lacks the experience to know when to be quick and when to just take 'er home. In rallying, some drivers are just naturally quicker than others over certain sections of stages, I think he hasn't really grasped this and tries to go balls-out everywhere instead of picking his moments.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
OP
Neil Kirkpatrick
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Kubica reminds me of am early Colin Mcrae. His flambonant driving style and just flat out everywhere. I personal love it and think he's a great character to have in WRC. With more seat time and experience I reckon he will be wining rally's maybe even challenging for the championship. Fingers crossed his sponsors and bank will allow it because without a works drive.The financial backing won't be easy to keep up. Everyone keeps forgetting how little seat time he has had and much everyone else has had

RCT

RMS Regular
There is no doubting Kubica's speed, he is exceptionally quick.

I think he lacks the experience to know when to be quick and when to just take 'er home. In rallying, some drivers are just naturally quicker than others over certain sections of stages, I think he hasn't really grasped this and tries to go balls-out everywhere instead of picking his moments.
u

He just hasn't changed his driving style from racing to rallying. A lot of people suffer from it, when switching forms of motorsport.
You'll find he is probably braking extremely deep into corners and jepordising his exit speeds. This is where Ogier was getting his time against Latvala and Mikkelsen last year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Picked it up from ITV4 this morning, can finally look at this thread again :grinning:

Shame about Loeb hitting that rock, was really putting up a fight. Even in retirement, he can still take the fight to the best current drivers, and the best current cars (y) Would have loved to see what would have happened if he had pushed Ogier all the way. Hopefully he will be back again.

Love to see Henning back, such a character :grinning:

Shame about Meeke hitting a rock as well. He has really come along way, starting to understand when to push and when to hold back. Much more mature drive, and quicker for it, and more to the point higher in the standings.

Other than that, same old same old, VW untouchable, yawn...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I guess the points above about Kubica might be fair. Even Ogier had a reputation for crashing out until he calmed down. As did Meeke. Never mind Crash McRae :p

But Kubica has been off on just about every event, usually more than once. When was the last time he actually completed a rally without going off? Have no idea if it is down to the handicap, or whatever, but hardly normal... I was a huge fan in his F1 days, just not convinced about the rallying efforts...

KevM

RMS Regular
We are missing a trick with Kubica-bingo.

We need to start picking a main number and a bonus ball.

The stage the leaves the rally as before, and then the stage where he destroys the car on Rally2

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I would love if WRC returned to bigger cars again like the focus. They were just a bit more exciting.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.