TrackPirate FD RX7 build

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
love you too bro lols

we teaser, full shoot will be up soon
10846223_858432334178720_3536313691691243838_n_zpsaf9960ef.jpg

JT079

RMS Regular
Well developed, look cool! Are you going to track it hard this year? Can't wait to see it on the track!

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
potentially end of the year yeah mate, taken a bit of lul with it while i sort getting my head out my arse lol was building for time attack, now changed discipline DRIFTTTTTTTT. id like it finished by the end of this year ready for 2016

2jz too ;)

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
What?? Fitting a 2JZ? As much as the 2JZ's are superb engines I don't think I'd swap a rotary for one and I do know the reasons why you would, but my heart says no even if my head says yes.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
i know how you feel, i love rotary's to bits, will always love them too, its the wee niggle in the back of my mind all the time.... got to be done, id like another fd stock just to keep it rotary and enjoy it stock and more reliable than modifying one

Paddy

RMS Regular
I honestly just annoy myself when I check your updates.

If only I was in a position to do something similar myself however for now its not likely.... Maybe ill hit the lotto one day lol

Richard Bradley posted pics on facebook of an FD that he was working on with an Sr20 conversion. This is definatly something id be interested in doing once funds allow.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
lol never say never buddy, if its something you want dont hold out

i heard something about an fd with rb26 he was doing or something

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
lol never say never buddy, if its something you want don't hold out
If you want something bad enough you'll do what you can to get it.

[EMAIL said:
Tr@ckpirate, post: 2627269, member: 24029]i heard something about an fd with rb26 he was doing or something
That sounds awesome in theory although the RB is a very heavy motor, original 13B is very light, as much as I love the sound of an RB26'd FD I can't help feeling it might ruin the handling and characteristics of the FD having so much more weight up front.

I love FD's mostly for the style but I also have a soft spot for rotaries, I'd have a hard time swapping a rotary for something else, I would probably swap the 13B for a 20B though.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Awsome motor but can't help but think the splits looked better than the new rims,still nice tho great work bro import>everything else every time :grinning:

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
thanks bro.

i just fell out massively with the split rims, and hated the sight of them. the Rotas on there now wont be staying on the rex, they have been given to my daily lol the rex will be going a bit wider so will be getting new shoes laters on...

at the min shes sat on 2 space savers and 2 250z wheels like a boss lol

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
What ever happened to this? Was explaining to a mate about the support rods holding the spoiler and this was my first thought as an example lol .. never actually got to see it for myself either!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.