Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 8th February.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
@jagged Shall we make a return to the next one mate? Ive a child on the way soon so wont commit just yet.

Congrats , hope all goes well . Broadband has been down here for weeks and dead slow for months just on again today , yea aiming for 22nd , car is ready , some powerflex black subframe bushes fitted in place of purple ones and few other tweaks to stiffen the back end ,hopin to get it corner weighted , anyone an opinion on this ? So if all this works we should be a bit quicker , if it doesn't work i'll tear my hair out !!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cornerweighting is well worth doing @jagged. You can get close by adjusting ride height on each corner to make sure it is level, but hard to get the same precision as "proper" cornerweighting. In your case, do it with half a tank of fuel, and driver weight in the driver's seat.

Assuming the suspension is height adjustable obviously. Otherwise there is no point :grinning:

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Yes gaz coilovers front and rear , and there's a guy 2 mls. away with digital scales so be rude not to.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Fiddly as eff and a bit of messing about, but straight forward enough to do. Well worth it.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I would like to get mine done too then. I cant have you gaining any time on me so im going to get the dude who works in my shed to see if he can make any improvements to the car. I was thinking of trying to get some more weight out of it too.

Near time to take her out of hibernation. Shes sat up there for long enough now. An i need the room :grinning:
image.jpg
image.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Excellent :grinning: Do you ever start the engine now and then, just to keep everything running? When Princess is in the bubble, I try start her up every few weeks just to keep things circulating as it were.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Excellent :grinning: Do you ever start the engine now and then, just to keep everything running? When Princess is in the bubble, I try start her up every few weeks just to keep things circulating as it were.

No mate its sitting up there this few months an it hasn't been touched. Its hassle to get into it with this carcoon as it hasn't got a frame.

Just remembered the spark plugs are even out of the engine at the minute. I hope this wont effect it in any way. Hope to take it down to get sorted in the next couple of weeks

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
If the spark plugs are out there could have been a bit of condensation inside the bores unless the carcoon has a de-humidifyer built in?

If not it wouldnt do any harm to drop a small taste of oil into the cylinders the day before you start it

Would be good to see a few regulars like youself at this months trackskills, I booked in myself so looking forward to getting back out

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yes I was thinking of spraying a wee shot of wd40 in there even?

Its not looking likely that I will be here this month lads. Baby due in the next 10 days, so id be safer to leave it to next month. Look forward to it thou :grinning:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Yea anything to help the rings slide for the first start in case you have any moisture that has been sitting in there

You would definitely be safer if you have a nipper due that soon! Hopefully catch up with you after

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.