MK3 Golf GTi 16v

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
@Coog the editor is sending me another copy over. I can post or hold onto it for say Castlewellan?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Thanks! Whatever you want mate. That's great though, real nice thing to have :grinning:

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
With the upcoming events like Cruise for Cancer & Castlewellan I decided to get my finger out for a good clean.

Started out thinking it would be a quick wash...4 hours later I was just finished!

Got the DA out and hit the paintwork with some lime prime with the green (heavy polish) hex pad. Left the surface as smooth as glass.

uploadfromtaptalk1403435043010.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403435096764.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403435120444.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403435162534.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403435204734.jpg

Afterwards I fired some Collinite on for the impending wet weather

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
She looks the ticket!(y)
I have serious want for a Mk3 Golf GTi or 145 Cloverleaf at the mo.

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Was doing a few bits and pieces this evening ranging from replacing the near side indicator housing as it had accumulated a few mls of water over the past few months, to taping/zip-locking the abs sensor wires as they were pointed out to me on the MOT as slightly rubbing on the driveshafts.

Then this peach landed in my lap whilst I was jacking.

2014-07-11 18.47.31.jpg

The notorious rubber bung has well and truly arrived. I checked the other and it seems pretty solid. It hasn't went through the 2nd skin so I'm hoping it's just a case of cut the outer skin away and repair? Body shop suggestions?

Considering, when I'm getting this sorted to get the trim off and see if I can loose the arch covers completely, they worry me!

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Welcome to mk3 ownership lol. I did the same thing. Decided to check the arches under the trims and the rears were looking rough. Thought to myself if they're that bad outside they're ****ed inside. Got myself 2 repair panels and cut the outskin off to find two factor fresh inner arches ffs. But sure its done now and done right :grinning:

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Welcome to mk3 ownership lol. I did the same thing. Decided to check the arches under the trims and the rears were looking rough. Thought to myself if they're that bad outside they're ****ed inside. Got myself 2 repair panels and cut the outskin off to find two factor fresh inner arches ffs. But sure its done now and done right :grinning:

Aul' on. I thought you did them?

:p

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Well, after over a week away from the motor I picked the motor off @RickyMcG this afternoon. Got a crappy pic of the repaired area, looks second to none, thanks again buddy.

floorpan.jpg

Even threw some waxoyl on it for me!

Onto more pressing matters though, the mood to sell is creeping in. Don't know why but I've a hankering for a Vag-wagon, something that little more practical. It's a thought anyways, if anyone wants to PM me or knows of anyone, fire them my way. I've already had one RMS member interested, but sadly he said it was too tidy for what he wanted.

I'll hold off making that ad for a few days longer ha!

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon

Last edited:

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Well, it's been a while since I updated this thread. Still have the old girl, and she's still cracking along. Change in circumstances mean I now use this as my daily, no complaints. I live quite close to work so the commute isn't the most exhilarating thing, but it's nice to dander back to after a days work.

I'll keep this more updated, as I've been pocketing a few wee bits & pieces in anticipation of a plan [emoji4]

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.