WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I think we might see them again in this season! There were rumours already of a few rallies so I really hope we do get to see the best of the best again!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Petter had awful bother getting a factory or works seats in the WRC before he left, and had to go to the bother of putting up his own team to compete. Besides, he's doing great things with rally cross at the moment. I know he loved being in the WRC but I can't see him returning myself.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Mexico shakedown times :

B_WzH_zUsAAto7Z.jpg:large

Sam.

RMS Regular
Stage times in GMT:

Day 1 - 05.03.2015
SS1 Street Stage Guanajuato (LIVE TV) 01:09
SS2 Super Special 1 02:29

Day 2 - 06.03.2015
SS3 Los Mexicanos 1 15:02
SS4 El Chocolate 1 15:35
SS5 Las Minas 1 16:38
SS6 Street Stage León 1 18:16
SS7 Los Mexicanos 2 20:59
SS8 El Chocolate 2 21:32
SS9 Las Minas 2 22:35
SS10 Super Special 2 00:10

Day 3 - 07.03.2015
SS11 Ibarrilla 1 15:28
SS12 Otates 1 16:41
SS13 El Brinco 1 (LIVE TV) 18:08
SS14 Street Stage León 2 19:16
SS15 Ibarrilla 2 21:09
SS16 Otates 2 22:22
SS17 El Brinco 2 23:15
SS18 Super Special 3 00:10

Day 4 - 08.03.2015
SS19 Guanajuatito 15:53
SS20 Derramadero 17:16
SS21 El Brinco 3 Power Stage (LIVE TV) 18:08

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
A rally car in water has to be a drivers greatest fear, glad to see they are ok.

Tanaks accident above reminds me of Louise Aitken-Walker's in the GTE Astra.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Nice slowish crash and roll into the water, got out before it even sank.

I remember how hard pajamas were to swim in and I've felt the weight of a wet race suit, but not a in a lake wet.

Would have been a hard swim.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Does something break on the car?

Reading Ken Block's instagram page, it says a TCA broke on compression - would explain it.

Could have been a lot worse.

Sam.

RMS Regular
After clipping a rock, causing steering failure, the Estonian was powerless to stop the Fiesta submerging into the water. Divers have located the car and it's hoped that it can be craned out this evening

'If you are in a lake, close to the limit of your life and fighting for it, when you finally win that fight it's an amazing feeling.' Tanak commented. 'I opened the seat belts and immediately after opening the door the car filled with water, then it went down in a short time.' Luckily the Estonian crew were able to swim to safety.

'It was a bit scary when I got out the car. The intercom wire was still fixed and it was difficult to unplug, so it was dragging me under the water. That was a **** feeling but luckily I had enough force to unplug it. A few seconds later the car was gone.' he said. 'When I saw the water and we rolled I told Raigo we had to move fast but that was all. I shouted that to him just before we went into the water.'

He's planning on doing Rally2 tomorrow, with the same car :rolleyes:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ott's car has been fixed/dried out lol.

They have just finished it, he drove it into parc fermé about 10mins ago!

Followed it all on twitter, took all of the 3 allowed hours but they did it. Fantastic effort.

The hashtag #TiTanak is brilliant lol!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Incredible after 9 hours submerged I'll be impressed if there are no electrical gremlins today.

Also I am sure the chief mechanic is Irish too

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
very rare and nearly unheard if fir rally car to see the crusher, I was in a workshop recently that had a WRC car and in all honesty until the carbon quarter panel was lifted off the floor and handed to me i had no clue as to what the car was.

it was a floor pan and a lot of cold drawn steel tubing making the cage and that was it

bob

RMS Regular
Was thinking of a fella Paul Murphy that was in my class at UNI, probably plenty of Irish working in WRC.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.