Adding Dab Radio To Oem Radio

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Dads looking into the new i40 tourer. However I know he was always noseying at cars with the option of DAB radio.

Seen the PURE Highway 300Di .

Is there any better options ?

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
That PURE thing looks terrible to be fitting to a new car syc, expecially with such a nice interior as the I40. Wouldnt add anything to my I30

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
Yeah it does stand out a bit Paul.

Suppose it's something he can do without. His idea behind it is due to the whole digital change over

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Halfords do a "auto DAB" unit for £149.99 integrated unit etc maybe worth a look at compatabilty with your dads car .?

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
Halfords do a "auto DAB" unit for £149.99 integrated unit etc maybe worth a look at compatabilty with your dads car .?
Cheers bud, was actually in halfords earlier today, think i seen it, rather ugly tho, as long as I know theres options out there if it becomes a necessity :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Coverage wasn't that great, but that was 2 years ago..... It was a thin enough wee aerial, and had it in the side window but it was a bit awkward.

I have DAB built in to my current motor and it's great - I love it and the audio quality I'd so much better, which the Pure didn't really offer. More stations, yes..... Better quality, no.

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Cheers bud, was actually in halfords earlier today, think i seen it, rather ugly tho, as long as I know theres options out there if it becomes a necessity :grinning:

this is integrated into the rear of the radio all you'll see is the aerial the rest is hidden.. That the same as what you were looking at ?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Bumping this thread. Got a courtesy car this week which has DAB and it's great, I really like it.

Want to add it to my E46 but not sure where to begin. I don't want an aftermarket headunit as I want OEM and to keep the existing wheel controls too. Any advice?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Also, yes it is fantastic. The A8 had it and it will definitely be on my to do list when I get a replacement. Great signal at home now too.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I thought there'd be like 3 stations on it but there's loads of great ones. It's brilliant!

Will look into headunit options. I'd like something that looks exactly like the OEM unit lol. Not a fan of bling, flashy units. OEM all the way (must be getting old!!)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I thought there'd be like 3 stations on it but there's loads of great ones. It's brilliant!

Indeed, setting the presets is usually the first thing I do when I get in the hire car. You are pretty much guaranteed to always be able to find a song you like and avoiding adverts!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Hmm an additional controller/remote isn't what I'm after either. A headunit with an adaptor for the MFSW may be the better option in that case.

Was hoping it would be a magical £30 add on that just plugs into the back of the headunit lol. More research (& budget) required!!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Will look into headunit options. I'd like something that looks exactly like the OEM unit lol. Not a fan of bling, flashy units. OEM all the way (must be getting old!!)
if you have an eclectic taste in music BBC R6 is good

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
Recently had to update my stereo in the daily car, got one with DAB support, Pioneer H/U and a £20 halfrauds DAB aerial, love it :grinning:
Some black spots around the country still but we're getting there

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.