E46 M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
So after looking at a few rough examples, does anyone have / know of any clean M3s out there that will save me a trip down south / over the water?

And yes, I've alread PM'd Peadar. Wasn't in a position to buy any of his that have sold recently.

FSH, HPI clear, sub 90K miles. Preferably manual.

No phoenix yellows, convertibles or grey leathers.

Last edited:

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
@G N K I see that motor most mornings. Actually just passed me there about 5 mins ago lol, Lovely!!

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@G N K I see that motor most mornings. Actually just passed me there about 5 mins ago lol, Lovely!!

Just spotted in the adds as I was having a nosey, hope to be in one at some stage this year myself. Seems reasonably priced too.

Reactions: CR

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
What's issues to look out for? I know subfrake crack, can you check this without a ramp?

What's issues with one above? Pm me if you want please

Jason

RMS Regular
What's issues to look out for? I know subfrake crack, can you check this without a ramp?

Best with a ramp or if you've about 20/30 mins and some good axle stands and know where to look its ok, first check to do is the boot inside as its worst case it'll have ripped through there just behind the spare wheel well ridges

You'll need a good torch and something to clean the grime away too, ideal situation though you'd need the subframe removed but thats not just ideal.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

Lots of people seem to think they can diagnose the issue with a quick look under the boot carpet or when the car is on a lift, but in reality it needs a more thorough check to be sure.

Good video here by John Thorne of Thorney Motorsport on the subject.

Jason

RMS Regular
In theory you cant fully check without the subframe being removed, but if you can see cracks appearing either side of the bushing its a fair chance its quite far gone.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Friend selling a silver one, black leather, full history I think, uses it as a daily so may be slightly over 100k, had full respray to freshen up, new brakes recently enough etc etc.
Pm me if any interest.
Outside ballymena.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I know of a midnight blue one for sale, can PM you detail if you want? SMG though.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
BMW really ****ed up in the production of the e46 m3, not one of their finest moments.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers_zps944255fd.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.