Geneva Motorshow - Heroes Reborn

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog: The comeback kids were out in force as Geneva was selected as the venue to launch a number of returning heroes. Cars like the all new Honda NSX, Ford GT and Focus RS emerged after lengthy slumbers. Whereas Mazda set the latest version of their long-running MX-5 free, whilst Honda let the public loose on the new incarnation of the Civic Type R. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Definitely one of the most exciting things about the Geneva Motor Show - being one of the first to see all the big new releases. Pub bragging rights winner for sure.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
NSX and GT were lovely; Focus and Type-R were disappointing. Mazda have managed to make the MX-5 even better. Not even pop-up headlights could improve it

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
NSX and GT were lovely; Focus and Type-R were disappointing. Mazda have managed to make the MX-5 even better. Not even pop-up headlights could improve it
I think the new MX5 was one of the last "proper" reviews on Top Gear, may it rest in peace.

I do like the new Mustang, mostly because it looks cool, v8 and now I'm RHD. It missed your list though :worried:.

Agreed both the focus and Type-R are uninspiring.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Not a fan of the new MX5 at all. Probably drives fantastic, but I think it's taken a step backward cosmetically.

The Ford GT looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of the original (as in, the last one - not the original original from the 60s) and have spent plenty of time poring round the examples which always appear at the NEC Classic Car show and the like. They have massive presence - very low and very wide, the rear tyres alone are something to behold - and I'm glad to see the new one hasn't deviated too much from the formula that works.

The NSX looks the part too, though I will admit there's a very small part of me wishes that Honda had used more styling cues from the original car. The new one is inarguable a very attractive looking car, but cosmetically it conforms to the usual supercar design school of thinking - it's not a million miles away from a typical Ferrari/Lambo shape, or even the recent MClaren range - beautiful but nothing revolutionary. Still, the real rest will be how it drives.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Agree on the NSX. Totally diagree with you on the MX-5 @Gaz

To me, that's the nicest incarnation since the original pop-up headlight model. I love what they have done with the lines and styling - especially the front lights. It's very hard to make a roadster that has great all round appeal and I think Mazda have totally nailed it.

@Reno_LV also took pictures of the white version. Check out that picture and see if you feel any different.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I've looked at it in all different colours and just can't warm to it. The front isn't too bad, but the rear end looks like a cheap knockoff copy of the Jaguar F-Type's rear and doesn't seem to conform with the rest of the styling at all. And I feel the wheels look a bit lost, though that's arguably function over form which you can't knock. As a whole, I think it looks less consistent overall than the previous model and more reminiscent of cheap Korean/Japanese convertibles than it really should be. But it's just my opinion, it's obviously a subjective thing.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.