squeaking noise coming from under my bonnet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Hi I got a dc2 clutch kit fitted to my ek4 and ive noticed a squeaking sort of noise coming from somewhere under the bonnet. When the clutch pedal is pushed in it goes away and when I take my foot off the pedal the noise comes back any ideas .

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
It was all brand new and genuine parts tho

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
It's can happen lad. I put full flywheel and clutxh kit into old a4 and flywheel was faulty only had it in 500miles. Take to person who fitted

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
What would have caused that to go like that

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Could be a faulty release bear. Some
Parts can be new and defective. As said take back to where you go fitted and get diagnosed by them.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Got it sorted turned out to be the wee ball that connects to the fork for the release bearing/thrust bearing it was dry so a wee drop of wd 40 and white graese fixed the problem srill there slightly but just need another drop sprayed in and should be job done thanks for all the hwlp folks

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.