GTINI Dubshed 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Marks 135i was class, colour is beaut.

image.jpg

Hard not to miss Ruairi's awesome Rocket Bunny E36

image.jpg

Also loved the static Lemon Mk6 and the grey S3 on carbon 20 inch BBS LMs.

image.jpg
image.jpg

And trying not to be bias, but Niall's Cayman, Gaz's and Gamble's Polos are fantastic too.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Just don't let a diesel win.....!

Maybe your statement was in jest, But why shouldn't it? One of the cars in question was a diesel, but so much more effort went into modifying it as they had sourced and fitted an oem kit, different interior and actually even converted it from an SDI to a TDI. It's paint was better than a lot of the other petrol or big power cars, it's stance was spot on and it had ultra rare wheels.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
The blue 1-series was really lovely, although I didn't like the carbon bonnet.

The paint on the yellow Mk6 was terrible....nice from afar, but far from nice!
Yes the bonnet was the only thing i wasn't fussed on, but the bodywork is class, 1M front and wings really make it.

Yellow one was wrapped, seems to be the hot mod this season. Although if you saw the Matt grey mk4 in one of the back halls, it was flawless, best wrap I've ever seen on a car, top top job and looked better than most of the painted cars.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Maybe your statement was in jest, But why shouldn't it? One of the cars in question was a diesel, but so much more effort went into modifying it as they had sourced and fitted an oem kit, different interior and actually even converted it from an SDI to a TDI. It's paint was better than a lot of the other petrol or big power cars, it's stance was spot on and it had ultra rare wheels.
ach come on, I love a bit of VAG diesel bashing ;).

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I loved the supercharged brown mk1 scirocco. Looked beautiful :heart:.

11102728_936076289776347_5427220339766610617_n.jpg

But seriously, why have so many people ruined their arches just to have their car sitting on the edge of the rim? Is it a side contest? And these where hardly old bangers...

Last edited:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
But seriously, why have so many people ruined their arches just to have their car sitting on the edge of the rim? Is it a side contest? And these where hardly old bangers...

I only really noticed it on the White Passat CC in the top corner, rear arches bang between the tyre and the lip of the wheel. I don't get it, but I can appreciate the work in getting it to do that perfectly.

@viw28's car still turns me on, it just sat there today amongst all the cars and really didnt stand out, but up close almost everything about it was just that little bit better.

There was a blue R32 (poss replica) in the middle of the second shed, load of fellas polishing away at her. Paint looked like it was done by a 5 year old :worried:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
There with @Woodcutter , @pablo & Jude today. Enjoyed it as i always do but to be honest I didn't realise a lot of the cars don't arrive until tomorrow / Sunday :worried:
Bit of a shame really as today suited better to go but never for a second thought the show had different content each day.

Loved some of the stuff, great chatting to @baron - been a long time (y)
Hated the music but think thats just me being old 8-|

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I won't make it along tomorrow but looking forward to seeing the pics being uploaded. The Scirocco above is awesome!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
There with @Woodcutter , @pablo & Jude today. Enjoyed it as i always do but to be honest I didn't realise a lot of the cars don't arrive until tomorrow / Sunday :worried:
Bit of a shame really as today suited better to go but never for a second thought the show had different content each day.

Loved some of the stuff, great chatting to @baron - been a long time (y)
Hated the music but think thats just me being old 8-|

The indoor cars won't change, just a lot more stuff outside

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I know what you mean but then Sunday does suit a lot more folk :worried:

Thats true perhaps. Maybe i am being a grump but a two day show, you expect to be able to see everything both days. Anyway think I've made my point I guess and don't want to detract from some of the excellent cars on display, lots of effort clearly made on some.

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Ah ok, I only saw it from a distance....and in the light it looked like it had been painted very badly, looked completely flat.

Are you sure its wrapped?? Looked like a really flat badly painted car to me.....hot mod to wrap your car and make it look worse :relieved:
Loads of nice interiors done by these guys www.edgeautomotive.co.uk and the workmanship was perfect (y)

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I'd be pretty sure the car we seen is not wrapped tbh. Drivers rear door left a lot to be desired but hey, if the owner is happy with it !

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
100% the yellow 5dr Mk6 is wrapped, I know the owner. Cheap(ish) way to make it stand out and change it up for show season. Wouldn't do it myself but understand the concept.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Perhaps we are referring to a different car ? This one was over against the wall towards the bottom left of the hall in relation to where you walk in ? If the car is the same one then the metal finish underneath the wrap must need a little work.

Anyway, don't like running things down, like I say the chap who owns it must love it if he is happy entering it into a show and that feeling is a great one

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm pretty sure its the same car, I only remember seeing 1. I agree though, I was sure it was painted...badly.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I only really noticed it on the White Passat CC in the top corner, rear arches bang between the tyre and the lip of the wheel. I don't get it, but I can appreciate the work in getting it to do that perfectly.

@viw28's car still turns me on, it just sat there today amongst all the cars and really didnt stand out, but up close almost everything about it was just that little bit better.

There was a blue R32 (poss replica) in the middle of the second shed, load of fellas polishing away at her. Paint looked like it was done by a 5 year old :worried:

Thing is, I have seen cars get it spot on before without damaging arches (that I could see), unless the floor was uneven and affected it somehow? Seemed to be only pushing the bumper/bending the arch on one side?

Anyway, each to their own. I need to go look at some jap scrap today before I lose it :party:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Heading down today for opening, few hours about then head upto Larne. 2 birds 1 stone :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
100% the yellow 5dr Mk6 is wrapped, I know the owner. Cheap(ish) way to make it stand out and change it up for show season. Wouldn't do it myself but understand the concept.
The guy from London?

Most def painted, flattened and not buffed up

Nigel AI 600

RMS Regular
Drives
EVO VII
Took a quick run up yesterday as although it really isn't my thing was bored and passed a few hours. Some nice cars such as the Cayman and 1 series (didn't like the bonnet as other said) but in all honesty the current modifying scene just isn't for me but I can appreciate the work ppl put in still just doesn't excite me seeing numerous VWs on a set of airbags, wheels and a retrimmed interior. On the plus side it was gd to catch up with a few ppl such as @baron

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.