Trackskills Track Day Sunday 19th April - Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The first one is a bit of everything throughout the day; the second one is the "other side" of Mark's, plus a session with his girlfriend in the passenger seat; and finally a couple of clear laps. Enjoy :grinning:

@DesmoBen, around 6:30 in the first one, one tail-happy mini driven properly :innocent:

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
The first one is a bit of everything throughout the day; the second one is the "other side" of Mark's, plus a session with his girlfriend in the passenger seat; and finally a couple of clear laps. Enjoy :grinning:

@DesmoBen, around 6:30 in the first one, one tail-happy mini driven properly :innocent:

Brilliant footage. Love the note of that Honda.
If you go to 7.11 in the first clip - you can see just where said tail happy mini starts to get driven very improperly!
Fighter pilot reaction time there from you Sven... Sorry I got in your way... But more importantly- Many Thanks for not T'boning me

Reactions: V8

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Fighter pilot reaction time there from you Sven... Sorry I got in your way

No bother, saw it coming all the way from Fisherman's and kept my distance :grinning: The guys behind me were worse off and had to detour over the grass by the tyre walls, lol. These things happen, no biggie. Great seeing that wee mini dance, must be serious fun :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@svensktoppen would you recommend doing kirky in a civic without a baffled sump?

No idea to be honest, have one in mine just to be on the safe side, but no idea how effective they are. Or not. Depends on the car, and more importantly on tyres. On road tyres, it should be fine. On sticky tyres, probably best to put a baffled sump in.

@AIRFORCE1 or any of the Civic racers probably have better advice.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
@svensktoppen would you recommend doing kirky in a civic without a baffled sump?

Should be grand if you keep the oil topped up just above the max, with the k20 the baffling is more important at the timing chain side of the sump to stop the oil climbing up the chain and away from the pickup at constant high revs. I use a Mugen baffled sump on my k20 and the only baffling is around the timing side

We ran the b series civics with no sump baffles for around 2 years at kirkistown with no issues

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
No idea to be honest, have one in mine just to be on the safe side, but no idea how effective they are. Or not. Depends on the car, and more importantly on tyres. On road tyres, it should be fine. On sticky tyres, probably best to put a baffled sump in.

@AIRFORCE1 or any of the Civic racers probably have better advice.

Should be grand if you keep the oil topped up just above the max, with the k20 the baffling is more important at the timing chain side of the sump to stop the oil climbing up the chain and away from the pickup at constant high revs. I use a Mugen baffled sump on my k20 and the only baffling is around the timing side

We ran the b series civics with no sump baffles for around 2 years at kirkistown with no issues

Yeah heard it should be grand on road tyres. Told to top it up above full on the dipstick as @StephenDc2 says.

May get myself booked in for a session soon then, cheers(y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ooooh, that should be interesting indeed :grinning:

I probably would stick a baffled sump on it then, just in case :innocent:

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Turbo's, super chargers, nitrous ...........lol it will all ends in tears. No problem, when you are the fastest guy on the track ....but when somebody edges past you and u just can't keep your foot off the loud peddle and you hold onto that gear a little longer or change down just a tad early, then.....BANG!

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Administrator - I'm having loads of problems with this page on my iPad for some reason. Every time I tap on the page to insert text it crashes?..

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
@Marc did you sell your Clio by any chance, (really nice and well prepared car that), any plans for a new track weapon (assuming you did sell it).
This is starting to get complicated :relieved:

Marc

RMS Moderator
@Marc did you sell your Clio by any chance, (really nice and well prepared car that), any plans for a new track weapon (assuming you did sell it).
This is starting to get complicated :relieved:

I did indeed, sad to see it go to be honest, but got a few other things going on at the min but will be back next year with something bigger and better :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh, that was a bit if a surprise. So just wringing the last drops out of it last weekend then, lol :grinning:

Besides, you know what you want now :innocent: :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.