Convert movie to 520x380 res?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I found out yesterday that I can play videos from my iPod/jukebox in the car when stationary. However, they have to be a specific resolution and I believe it's 520 x 380.

How do you convert a video file to that resolution?

And, what type of file is required to view the videos on an Audi MMI System (2009 S4)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
MKV files should work on the display.

Any free video converter tool should allow you to do this. @Cartunes is the man for this question.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Boydie
I just posed the question to my colleague in Infotainment at Ingolstadt -
I'm not sure on the resolution bit, but the screen will play most formats except .wav
The resolution should be tweakable in the settings of the ripping software - It's been years since I did any multimedia manipulation.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Ordered a USB cable online so hopefully here at the beginning of the week.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
It's for those times, where most men have been, when collecting their wife/partner/gf at a certain time and they are 30 mins late FFS

Preaching to the choir sister!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Well in my search I found that my car plays your average DVD!!

Just popped in the first DVD I had and hey presto it plays in HD, so would I have to resize movies which are on USB??

Upload quality is crap lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
@Lyons sell it, it's 1 part of a pair worth £60 from Audi with the other part being a iPhone 5 connector

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
It's for those times, where most men have been, when collecting their wife/partner/gf at a certain time and they are 30 mins late FFS
DONT LIE!!! its for Claire when ever she is waiting outside #reebokbelfastcrossfit for you to finish a WOD on ramp inbred 45 cleans double wrap around so she can watch movies!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.