F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Max claimed he did brake early but I don't think he did, much more would have been made of it if that were the case.

The last thing Rosberg, Vettel et al need is for Hamilton to go faster, which I imagine he will do in Montreal. It's almost a home race for Lewis, given the amount of support he gets.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Max said he wasnt going for the pass and only intended to show him the nose on the left then fall back in line. He only moved right to avoid Grosjean because he braked early. Stewards disagree, Max has a 5 place grid penalty in Canada.

I think Grosjean braked early to be honest, or at least lifted .... which is like braking in them cars.

Either way, it was a bug shunt. Testament to F1 safety that he climbed out relatively unscathed after hitting a barrier head on at 120mph or whatever it was.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Agree, it did look like Grosjean braked early. But then, he was obviously struggling with tyres, so maybe not unexpected...

I think Max went for a gap that was not there, and just got a bit over excited.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
and are now just 1.2 seconds back, setting top 10 lap times (button set 9th quickest lap time in the race on Sunday).

In fairness, this was at Monaco where top speed is irrelevant. They are still way down on power, 15-20%, which is massive. Does show the car itself is good though, Button said so before as well. Just Honda has a massive job, catching up with the engine without any testing at all. The only testing is the actual racing.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Another weekend, another largely lifeless GP. I'm not sure about anyone else but when you hear teams telling their drivers to lift and coast and manage their fuel and brakes, to me that's not F1 anymore. I reckon I'm done with F1 this year. We all know who the champion will be and the inequality between the teams will mean there will be little or no change to the driver or team standings. BTCC and WRC for me from now on. :worried:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I agree with Coulthard, next time someone says "lift and coast" on the radio they should be shot, lol :grinning:

Even the drivers all agree the whole situation is ridiculous.

Loved Alonso's wee tantrum on the radio, lol :p

And then Merc trying to engineer a "fight" at the front to get a few extra seconds of TV coverage, lol - it was never a "fight", and was never going to be a "fight", the only person they fooled was poor Nico :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
We all know who the champion will be and the inequality between the teams will mean there will be little or no change to the driver or team standings. BTCC and WRC for me from now on.

To be honest, WRC is just as bad, nobody can touch VW.

The one "excitement" left in F1 is to see if Williams can chip away at Ferrari and pip them over the season. They are playing a long game though, will not be decided wheel to wheel on the race track :worried:

In fairness, Vettel and Massa had pretty good recovery drives yesterday, and Bottas did his usual sterling job at the front.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It also looks like the Haas team will be a Ferrari MkII, like RB and TR. They are even getting most of the car from Ferrari, basically only doing a bit of bodywork and aero themselves...

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I was looking forward to Silverstone but now meh.. Hope something dramatically improves for Silverstone but alas I know nothing will.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
To be honest, WRC is just as bad, nobody can touch VW.
I should probably explain, I've always preferred rallying to F1, even if it is as once sided as F1. Thankfully the unpredictability of some events can throw up the odd surprise here and there and the coverage is actually getting better. But I digress, that's more for the WRC thread.

As a side note, does anyone actually think anyone other than Hamilton is going to win the championship this year?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I laughed when Coulthard said it would great if Grosjean could sort out Greece's debt as wel as passing Kyvat & pulling a 5-sec gap!

Hamilton now 1 pole position behind Vettel in the all time list.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
As a side note, does anyone actually think anyone other than Hamilton is going to win the championship this year?

Lol, would take a very brave man to bet against it - barring some disaster or more team f-ups, surely it is his to lose this year.

Has to be said though, Nico is keeping him honest, but very hard to see Nico pinching it without a little "help" as it were.

Well-deserved in my book, even if it is another uncontested champion in a vastly superior car. He really had to work for the previous two, so he can have an easy one :grinning:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Rosberg strikes me as another Barrachello/Massa/Webber (well without the likability factor). The also ran who almost did it but doesn't have the little extra that makes him a champion. A solid driver, but I don't see him every being up there with Schumacher, Hamilton or Alonso. Vettel and Ferrari as it stands don't have the pace to catch up at this stage so it's Hamilton's to lose, as you said.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think this style of 'racing' suits Nico better than Lewis - if it was flat out from lights to flag Nico wouldn't see what way Lewis went.

Canada looks great btw!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just look at what Honda have to do without any testing at all... Really makes no sense. Merc did all their development before the new rules came in, and then wrote the rules to suit, making sure nobody would have any chance of catching up. And so here we are.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
It's the manufacturers who have toyed with the idea of entering F1 (e.g. Ford, Toyota, Audi), who are currently looking at the hoops and obstacles that Honda have to put up with and will be put off joining that will be the most damaging. It's no surprise they don't want anything to do with F1 with the current set up.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Blending The Faces Of F1 Team Mates Is Both Hilarious And Horrifying

What happens when you blend Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg's faces? For reasons unknown, F1 Paddock Pass wondered exactly that, and created these scary mash-ups

1-557abab7a8e79.jpg

A while ago, we saw what it looks like when you swap the faces of F1 couples. Now, here’s what it looks like when you blend the faces of Formula 1 team-mates.

2-557abd0c8606f.jpg

3-557abd031ab60.jpg

These unusual and slightly scary mash-ups were created by F1 Paddock Pass, and we felt like we had to share them with you, because they’re too bizarre to keep to ourselves. You’re welcome.

4-557abd37ed08b.jpg

5-557abd3e14b7b.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not bad for Porsche on their return! Audi getting their nose rubbed at their own game :p

Maybe Porsche should do F1 too, and show up Merc :innocent:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.