GTINI Drag Day Saturday 30th May.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Looking forward to it, that other man down with you today to sort the car out? he was planning on going aswell I think

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Looking forward to it, that other man down with you today to sort the car out? he was planning on going aswell I think

Yes MK2vr6 is away this evening and he booking in too, cant wait to race the bug against my old golf , even just to get the pic lol.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Awesome, my influence paid of on the saturday evening lol, must get my booking fee over to you tomorrow.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Whats the craic if you just want to come and watch for the day?

I want to enter the Cupra R at somestage but want to come and spectate/see what the craic is before I enter

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Whats the craic if you just want to come and watch for the day?

I want to enter the Cupra R at somestage but want to come and spectate/see what the craic is before I enter

All specatators are welcome, adult day entry £10 on the gate.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Me and a few a couple of mates are think of taking the bikes down for a laugh, do you need leathers on or are kevlar jeans ok? I have leathers but I can't foresee any knee down moments:laughing:

R6 Race bike
GSXR1000
Fireblade

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Me and a few a couple of mates are think of taking the bikes down for a laugh, do you need leathers on or are kevlar jeans ok? I have leathers but I can't foresee any knee down moments:laughing:

R6 Race bike
GSXR1000
Fireblade

Obviously crash helmet goes without saying, the minimum requirement for clothing on a bike is Minimum 2 piece textiles plus gloves and boots.

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Just picked up my Porsche steels shod with Khumo supersofts, will be an interesting back to back test with the current van radials.

image.jpg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Best to try the van tyres first....in case something breaks lol

The SS's are very soft.

I tried them myself for a few months although despite them being very soft, performance didnt seem any better for me than regular 888's, and the Kumho's were done in a few hundred miles. In fact, not even sure they lasted that long til they were illegal.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
yup doing that stevie, gonna run the van radials till lunch and swap them out at the break, everyone we've loaned these tyres to in a bug (4 or 5 teams now) has picked up half a second, i rekon they'll be worth a couple of tenths at least, as you say they'll be done in another 50 miles or so ( for the street ), but its a halfway house between what i have and a slick, they aren't designed for drag racing, the wall has no wrinkle effect, but they're bound to be better than what I've got, decided to just drive the balls off it now and just keep fixing it when it breaks, as lets face it, its gonna break ;) all being well a 1.7- 1.8 60ft should be me close to the 12.20 mark.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Do we get a confirmation of payment to show at gate once we pay? i sent it to the gtini paypal like the 1st flyer states

PhilM

RMS Regular
yup doing that stevie, gonna run the van radials till lunch and swap them out at the break, everyone we've loaned these tyres to in a bug (4 or 5 teams now) has picked up half a second, i rekon they'll be worth a couple of tenths at least, as you say they'll be done in another 50 miles or so ( for the street ), but its a halfway house between what i have and a slick, they aren't designed for drag racing, the wall has no wrinkle effect, but they're bound to be better than what I've got, decided to just drive the balls off it now and just keep fixing it when it breaks, as lets face it, its gonna break ;) all being well a 1.7- 1.8 60ft should be me close to the 12.20 mark.

1.7 60ft is a different world to a fwd road car, that is awesome, must feel glued to the seat for that ride!!

Phil

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Do we get a confirmation of payment to show at gate once we pay? i sent it to the gtini paypal like the 1st flyer states

As long as you've given your name and vehicle reg, this is usually all that is needed when you arrive at the gate.

1.7 60ft is a different world to a fwd road car, that is awesome, must feel glued to the seat for that ride!!

Phil

I'll let you know lol, my best is a 1.9 with the van tyres preloading the trans on the handrbrake.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Interestingly some of the yanks when they are doing a "true radial" class as they seem to call it, seem to like M&S, ie snow type tyres. Presumably they are much softer rubber and also softer sidewalls. And some go bloody bloody fast with them !

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Yeah great mix of machines, the supercharged ghia and turbocharged classic mini caught my eye :grinning:

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Il have 1 for you's next year lol. If i can get the finger out. Im hoping for 130-40 out of mine

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
We have a new P.A and will be transmitting to your car radio ( hopefully ) so no matter where you are on the site, you can keep track of the action

That's a great idea. Will you be making the frequency public knowledge?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.