Wanted - sheet metal roller.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Nothing too big, only needs to be about 6 inches. Doesn't need to be free standing -although I'll take something bigger If it's cheap. I'm not fussy so can be as agricultural as you like.

Cheers.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
What material size do you need to roll?

They can be got for sensible money if you arent looking to do anything over 16 gauge

Ollie

RMS Regular
OP
Ollie
What material size do you need to roll?

They can be got for sensible money if you arent looking to do anything over 16 gauge

Max 3mm, I'm not sure what gauge that is. I'll call in to MMS see what they have.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
wont find anything in MMS suitable for 3mm, that brave and thick to find a slip roll for.

I'll see what I can dig up here

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Sorry, to do pretty much anything over 1.6mm (16 gauge) you are at a minimum of £1000

You could do flat bar through a ring roller, but again, anything from £150 for a crap one to well over 1k for a good one.

You could get a cheap ring roller and get some bigger rollers made for it to accommodate the 6" width you need, otherwise it is going to be an expensive venture unless you can make something yourself

Ollie

RMS Regular
OP
Ollie
Sorry, to do pretty much anything over 1.6mm (16 gauge) you are at a minimum of £1000

You could do flat bar through a ring roller, but again, anything from £150 for a crap one to well over 1k for a good one.

You could get a cheap ring roller and get some bigger rollers made for it to accommodate the 6" width you need, otherwise it is going to be an expensive venture unless you can make something yourself

Just measured the last bit I got made up and it was 3mm.

Yeah definitely a lot more expensive than I was thinking. I'll keep an eye on gumtree anyway or maybe think about making something up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432759812.329932.jpg

Ollie

RMS Regular
OP
Ollie
what length of item are you making?

Could you put two blocks in a press and bend it that way

It's for banding steel wheels so 3mm is as thick as I'd ever need to go and 6 inches is as wide as I'd ever need to go..

Need a nice even roll and to be able to make a full loop.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Nope. They will bend.

You could do it at one end providing you use plenty of heat.

Better to get a ring roller and make 6" wide rollers and stool use a bit of heat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.