Ferrari F430 close Call on test drive

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

colin84

RMS Regular
HA! That was awesome.

I wouldn't like to be selling high performance cars, on test drives putting your life in a stranger's hands.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Quick reaction times there, did the car pull out in front of him or was he just going too quick to begin with.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Very recently a similar thing happened to me coming out of Larne in an E46 M3 I was bringing back from England.
It was about 3am and the guys who built the roadwork furniture decided it would be a good idea to put a concrete wall in the middle of the road (to create a sharp left-hand turn) with no lighting or reflection on it at all.

The ABS/stability control saved my ass that morning.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Think it pulled out on him but was obscured from the camera by the rear view mirror.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Think it pulled out on him but was obscured from the camera by the rear view mirror.

Obscured from the camera, but the road is empty and he would have had clear visibility from a long way off of the vehicle at the junction and moving away from the junction. He doesnt even seem to try and brake until right upon it when it is fully in his lane.

Either way, it should be a great advert for Ferrari's stability control stuff, and for plonkers who pull out of junctions without looking.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Obscured from the camera, but the road is empty and he would have had clear visibility from a long way off of the vehicle at the junction and moving away from the junction. He doesnt even seem to try and brake until right upon it when it is fully in his lane.

Either way, it should be a great advert for Ferrari's stability control stuff, and for plonkers who pull out of junctions without looking.

It looks like the other car was parked in the layby on that side of the road, and simply drove off. So I don't think he had the benefit of seeing that a car was potentially going to pull out and to reduce his speed in anticipation.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Hard to say but I think the car turns out from the left side of the road because of the position it's in when he passes it. Probably looking left towards the car immediately to their left rather than to the right with the high speed missile coming the other way... Hate to say it but he passed a speed limit sign of some sort and was going too fast to anticipate anything much. Still a good save from him and the stability control system though.

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
Nice save, question is - Did the driver of the black car coming the other way swerve into the hedge trying to avoid him lol

Bottom line though, he was going too fast for a public road. (although we have all done it at some point)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.