Global Warfare IDC Mondello (Live Stream)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Surprised they can loose there cars. Unless there last years builds or something ? Thought they would be needed a bit more than able to leave them for 2 months.

What mechanical failure put mckeever car out ? Anyone know. Know it was just built again last week.

Last edited:

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Surprised they can loose there cars. Unless there last years builds or something ? Thought they would be needed a bit more than able to leave them for 2 months.

They might have a couple. Saito has one for D1, one for Formula Drift and probably a couple of missile cars lying about.

Shaun

RMS Regular

What mechanical failure put mckeever car out ? Anyone know. Know it was just built again last week.

I heard the engine blew, was only mapped within the last couple of weeks!!(n)

Also loving the new pit cam, when Fink hit the car against Shanahan, his dad John was in fixing Fink's car to get him back out against his own son lol
Pit cam showed what looked like him using a trolly jack to batter the arch away from the wheel haha:party:

Shaun

RMS Regular
Couple of videos of Fink v Shanahan.

View from grandstand just to show what your missing lol

8QDuvxA.jpg

c4mUjzd.jpg

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
I love how all you can hear is me shouting "yeooooooooo" when Luke bashes her off the wall @Shaun lol

Amazing day out, so so so ultra tired today.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Daigo and Robbie are not short of cars, I know Daigo alone has atleast 6 full D1 spec cars, so he'll be awsome in his own that's for sure!
Driving a borrowed car in a different country isn't so easy, but alot of other drivers do it very well, don't be just rose tinted by the FormulaD hype!
I know Robbie fairly well and he admitted himself the track just caught him out, as Mondello does, it can be very sweeping and faster than people think!
Gutted for Darren Mc, as the car was a great build and really should have got a bit more use! But lessons learned for the next time... it's all good fun!

The Irish drivers have always been right up there, most Japanese would rank them on par with the same 'style' and control... it's great to see!
For the younger drivers it's still cheaper than top level Rallying, but i agree the car builds are getting higher and higher, A 'street legal' class would be good!
As for 'money', there really isn't that much in Drifting now, even for D1 drivers, as said above, it's moreso to fund a lifestyle, and some make a wage...

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I heard the engine blew, was only mapped within the last couple of weeks!!(n)

Also loving the new pit cam, when Fink hit the car against Shanahan, his dad John was in fixing Fink's car to get him back out against his own son lol
Pit cam showed what looked like him using a trolly jack to batter the arch away from the wheel haha:party:

Odear. It was only built together on last Wednesday or Thursday after I think it started knocking last event, he had issues with fuel delivery too in past he was trying to iron out.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Daigo and Robbie are not short of cars, I know Daigo alone has atleast 6 full D1 spec cars, so he'll be awsome in his own that's for sure!
Driving a borrowed car in a different country isn't so easy, but alot of other drivers do it very well, don't be just rose tinted by the FormulaD hype!
I know Robbie fairly well and he admitted himself the track just caught him out, as Mondello does, it can be very sweeping and faster than people think!
Gutted for Darren Mc, as the car was a great build and really should have got a bit more use! But lessons learned for the next time... it's all good fun!

The Irish drivers have always been right up there, most Japanese would rank them on par with the same 'style' and control... it's great to see!
For the younger drivers it's still cheaper than top level Rallying, but i agree the car builds are getting higher and higher, A 'street legal' class would be good!
As for 'money', there really isn't that much in Drifting now, even for D1 drivers, as said above, it's moreso to fund a lifestyle, and some make a wage...
I def think something needs done to help keep it good for average joe blogs who doesn't have a suitcase full of money.

Shaun

RMS Regular
I def think something needs done to help keep it good for average joe blogs who doesn't have a suitcase full of money.

Or a fund for boys like Simon Perry when he eventually smashes his R35 lol
He might aswell have just sat in the pits the way he was driving it.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Great day of Drifting on Sunday, we try to make it to as many of the rounds as possible.

In my opinion its the most entertaining motorsport for spectators today, the level of driving and cars is some of the best in the world here in Ireland. As mentioned the amount of money and preparation that goes into it is above the reach of most people but that's motorsport for you and there are still ways of making it affordable by staying in the lower classes and just enjoying it

I can see the sport really growing when you look at how far it has evolved over the last 5 years

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Odear. It was only built together on last Wednesday or Thursday after I think it started knocking last event, he had issues with fuel delivery too in past he was trying to iron out.

He had a fuelling problem, which turned out to be injectors. Got that sorted took the car a run and heard light knocking so hopefully caught it in time to not need to spend a fortune!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That's what happened last time. Crank got a polish and got built again. Guess crank is knackered.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.