Audio installs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
For **** sake blind as a bat. Using the phone which doesn't help.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
Looking at the C2 range which I think might be more within my price but I will be doing it in stages rather than one big install.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Looking at the C2 range which I think might be more within my price but I will be doing it in stages rather than one big install.

I use the C2-650 in one of my cars - awesome speaker - need to be careful with tweeter location though.

Consider the entry model Rainbow speaker too - it was my all time favourite in my last demo car and only £149!: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/speakers/component-systems/rainbow-dl-c6-2-6-5-2-way-component-set.

I'd put the head unit in first, then if required, front speakers and multi-channel amplifier at the same time, then sub.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
What about just using the head unit to power the components and 6x9s with no sub? I am not after Earth shattering sounds just something that is a lot better than standard. Plus the wife is giving me grief over the car and "I have to drive it too you know" statement

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
There's no real problem running 4 speakers off the head unit. The only thing that you need to do is match the speakers to the head unit. Make sure they are 4ohm and that the sensitivity is high (over 90dB/watt)
Your head unit may run very hot if you crank the volume though! Ford have real problems with their latest sync systems and have installed a "cooling pipe" in some vehicles.

Bottom line is that if you like a bit of power - slap in an amp with a decent wiring kit. Many DIY'ers install a wiring kit and have no idea about how important it is to have a dedicated, scraped to the bare metal, drilled, bolted and then sealed earth - they may wrap a wire round the seatbelt mount or undo it and stuff it under there............. That's a BIG No No from Uncle Del.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
I think I am going to have to buy you pint for all of the advice you are giving me.
Choices and decisions to be made over the next while me thinks.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
So finally bought myself a radio which I now need installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this can be done? Preferably in or around Belfast but will be willing to travel if need be.
Thanks

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
So finally bought myself a radio which I now need installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this can be done? Preferably in or around Belfast but will be willing to travel if need be.
Thanks
Radio change I'd usually straight forward, what car is it? Any pics of the original radio/dash

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.