VW Mk6 Golf GTi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
it honestly fell into my lap at exactly the right time, I couldnt believe it.

proper candy white (y)

My LED tails are en route should be here in a few days. Picked up the bluetooth module and loom from Lyons earlier so will get that installed tonight.

You really are doing all the right things to this car, credit to you. Looking forward to seeing its progress

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Very nice @pablo, big change from the last motor but I'm sure it's nice to be in something really fresh.

Looks great in white, subtle mods and your onto a winner.

Get it Revo'd, as you know it made a massive change to my Leon (y)

GarethM

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 200 Cup
Lovely Car HTD mate. I've been toying with the idea of selling the Exeo Derv and getting a MKV/MKVI GTI myself. Prices are good at the moment although it may have to be a trip across the pond for a mint low miler

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Really like the car, really like what you are doing with it! (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
impatient? me? nah!

popped home at lunchtime and fitted the bluetooth loom and controller to the car. mic and unit need mounting properly but connected in for testing.

minor coding to do and it was all working. added the telephone module to vcds and was all good pretty much out of the box. just one niggle to sort with music streaming and its all working.

phone paired ok
phonebook/call list synced ok
phone mic works (called house phone and left a message)
MFD has a phone screen and steering wheel controls work ok
voice control still works and can understand phone commands
phone buttons on RNS and steering wheel work
detects phone as a media device ok and shows track information (no sound, need to fix)

Lee

RMS Regular
Nice motor, in that spec/colour/miles etc you'll always have someone waiting to buy it.

They're quick with Revo software! And Bluefin too I'm sure.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Good work!

I just covered my module with foam and set it above the glovebox. If you want to do it right you can get the foam housing to locate it under the seat, but more hassle than it's worth.

RevT

RMS Regular
Pablo, that's a lovely motor pal, looks great in white, health to drive. Would there be any possibility you could do me a favour and check a few measurements for me for fitting a set of skirts to my own? If so, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I require and see if you can help me out.

Cheers

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Good work!

I just covered my module with foam and set it above the glovebox. If you want to do it right you can get the foam housing to locate it under the seat, but more hassle than it's worth.

yes I shoved it in behind the climate control. not going to bother running the loom to under the seat!! I found out why the bluetooth audio isnt working too, firmware update required to the RNS510. Downloading now :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Pablo, that's a lovely motor pal, looks great in white, health to drive. Would there be any possibility you could do me a favour and check a few measurements for me for fitting a set of skirts to my own? If so, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I require and see if you can help me out.

Cheers

PM me what you need!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
RNS firmware now updated, always an ass-clenching experience but no problems. bluetooth streaming now working 100% :grinning:

despite working in IT for many years like yourself @pablo - nothing gets rid of that anxiousness when applying firmware updates to a major bit of kit lol!!

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
LED rears arrived today. bit of larking about as being knock offs they come with the little boxes and stuff you need to mount and dont fit just as nice as oem. Kinda wish Id spent the extra 100 quid on genuine ones.

Anyhoo, installed them anyway and they look 100% so will DFR.

LHD units have the fog/reverse lights back to front but for some reason both light up white. I chose this set because they have halogen bulbs for the reverse/fogs so just need to get a red bulb for the foglight and thats them done. No coding required just plugged in and all worked with no error lights on dash.

Few piccies, Ill get some in the dark ones later should look pretty sweet then. Already a huge improvement though!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Nice work @pablo - really freshens up the rear and sets it apart a bit more from the non GTI MK6 golfs out there, some night time pics will deffo look awesome (y)

are tempted to de-wiper?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
nah I like having a wiper lol, though I have a reverse camera now so dont need to turn my head anymore :grinning:

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Those are the tinted versions similar to the R, it'll be interesting to see them lit up as to how they compare to OEM. They really do make such a difference to the rear end, I've been looking at them for mine but I'm not too sure.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.