Paging the vw engine code guys

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
My passat b6 has the engine code BLS. now i thought this was a 1.9 engine. However when i checked online when my tax was due it states the capacity at 1968cc. This also matches up with the capacity listed on the service history from agnews meaning by my reckoning that the car has a 2.0litre tdi engine. I thought for an engine to be 1.9 that the cc had to be below 1900cc? or have i got this totally wrong?

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
i think i have to kill this one with fire! more investigation needed

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is the engine number on the V5?

Maybe agnews got the CC wrong and passed the wrong info to DVLA or something. Sure they had my Jimny down as a Samurai J13b something or other.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
ill have a look, might affect the tax bracket on it and hopefully bring it down.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
what's the number stamped on the side of the head facing forward?

It will be glaringly obvious if take the engine cover off, the 2.0 looks completely different from the 1.9

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What does the engine no start with on the V5? If it's BLS on it then it most likely has been a typo when registering the car when new.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It looks like a case of numeracy dyslexia as the right numbers are there, just in the wrong order.

Contact Agnes and see if they can do a print out of data based on the chassis and engine number and then send that off with a letter to the DVA

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.