seems 5k doesnt get you much these days

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
is it just me or does 5k not buy you much anymore in a car . or am i looking in the wrong place ive a budget of up to 9k but dont want to go much over 5k . im looking decent miled hot hatches and have been looking for ages . few years back 5k bought quite alot of car . probably owned too much but still like to get good value for money

KevM

RMS Regular
Iv a nice sensible, great value family saloon for sale for under your budget Ferret. No pleasing you's young lads and yer sporty hot-hatches! :p

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
2005 and under there would be a bit of choice but for anything 2008 onwards theres not much until 7-8k upwards, for the likes of GTI's, ST's, cupra's, etc. Very hard to get anything over here i find. VXR's and meganes around the 5-6k mark

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
im thinking out of the box tbh but still as you say @Boabybooster slim pickings in ni id consider going across the water if i wasnt going to be let down like i have in the past

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Your right, the choice of genuine good cars for even under 8k is very slim here in NI... Either that or everyone is holding onto good cars these days

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
My mum was talking about changing her Focus, to "one off those sporty Fiesta ST's". I near had to pick her off the floor when I told her she will be paying close to £15k for a year old one, and a regular mid spec Fiesta will cost £11k

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Agnew Autoexchange have a nice black mk5 Golf GTI, DSG, 70 odd thousand miles if I remember correctly. 8 grand. Worth a look.

stuarti

RMS Regular
St's vxr's gti's, so few of them coming up for sale is right, and people are looking silly money for Stuff too, it's like pick a figure from the air cos "there's another one Iv seen at that price so that's what they are selling for" and hold tight o that figure,

Was talking about this the other day, 24 months ago st's and vxrs and the like were advertised a lot and at decent money too !!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Most performance stuff seems to be going up in price these days especially good examples of the more rarer cars, what's your criteria @ferrett

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
St's vxr's gti's, so few of them coming up for sale is right, and people are looking silly money for Stuff too, it's like pick a figure from the air cos "there's another one Iv seen at that price so that's what they are selling for" and hold tight o that figure,

Was talking about this the other day, 24 months ago st's and vxrs and the like were advertised a lot and at decent money too !!

couldnt get rid of then 24 months ago

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
You'll struggle to find a box that hasn't been ticked.... and only because it's you :p. What about something older hot hatch wise, Williams Clio, 16V Clio, 205GTi... or try and find a nice clean CRX... way more exciting these days seeing these on the road than the usual stuff. Pistonheads has some smashing stuff.

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
You'll struggle to find a box that hasn't been ticked.... and only because it's you :p. What about something older hot hatch wise, Williams Clio, 16V Clio, 205GTi... or try and find a nice clean CRX... way more exciting these days seeing these on the road than the usual stuff. Pistonheads has some smashing stuff.

im on all the sites its funny because when ive no money i can think of a 100 cars id buy . have money no idea syndrome

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Everyone has this impression that older stuff is the way to go these days.i have a mi16 engined 205 Gti and a standard 1.9 and honest to god a hot hatch of any make newish would eat the arse of them .they rattle ,shake and are so uncomfortable to drive against the new stuff .As an everyday driver forget it.Would I ever not have one , NO CHANCE., I love them .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.