Dismantling: Golf mark 2 VR6 project RIP.....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
It’s a bit sad for me but I’ll finally have to accept that I took on too much and spent too much money on a project that will never be finished.

A number of years ago I bought a 1990 8v Golf GTi with 170k on the engine. I decided (in my infinite wisdom, despite a lack of any formal training or experience) that I would tackle a VR6 conversion. I did succeed to a point but with a massive list of things that needed doing and not much time to do them the project got shelved.

At present the shell is sitting (and rotting, to be fair) with the engine sitting in the engine bay but not hooked up to anything. At present I have gathered up all the parts I have sitting and am going to sell them off first.

The shell is in such a bad state and the engine hasn’t run in so long that I have decided to break it all. All the parts (and loom) for the engine are still there, so if anyone is interested in the engine or any panels, small parts etc. let me know. The car is a 1990 8v and the donor engine is from a Corrado.

I the meantime I have the following items for sale.

(I can’t remember what I paid for most of this stuff, but have tried to look on the internet and on e-bay and think I have priced most of it fairly. If not I will listen to offers but think I am letting most of it go fairly cheap.)

Mark 3 VR6 clocks and loom- £20.

IMAG0353.jpg

Brand new Samco blue silicon hoses- £150
IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

Vibratechnic Front Engine Mount- £70 SOLD

IMAG0365.jpg
(pretty sure this is the 8V/16v mk2 variant, I bought it but ended up using the standard cross-member/engine mount).

Crystal clear headlights- £20
IMAG0361.jpg

Rear red/clear rear lights- £20 SOLD

IMAG0350.jpg

Standard rear lights- £10

(just noticed a very small chip in the black plastic)

IMAG0351.jpg

Crystal clear side repeaters- £5 SOLD

IMAG0364.jpg

Crystal clear front indicators- £10 SOLD

IMAG0362.jpg

Standard front indicators- £5

IMAG0360.jpg

Black VW badge- £5 SOLD

IMAG0363.jpg

Last edited:

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Front speakers/component set- £60

IMAG0371.jpg

JBL rear speakers - £25
IMAG0368.jpg

Braided brake hoses- mk2 GTi- £50

G60- £50

(bought both sets as the G60 kit was different. Will separate them out.)
IMAG0358.jpg

Eibach Corrado rear anti-roll bar- £70

IMAG0338.jpg

(front anti roll bar has been fitted, the rear and all the fittings are here. Think it fits Corrado and mk3 VR6 models)

Corrado/mk3 vr6 front ball joint- £10 (pair)

IMAG0356.jpg

Mk 4 golf top mounts/bushes- £10

IMAG0354.jpg

Golf ball gear knob- £5
IMAG0349.jpg

Clutch cable (for cable conversion)- £10 SOLD Fits engine codes ACC, ADZ, 1F, AAZ, AEY, AFT, AGG, APQ apparently

IMAG0345.jpg

If interested in the rest of the kit I’m sure I’ll be taking it off the car soon.

Mk2 front crossmember- £15

Solid, no rust

IMAG0342.jpg

Pair of outer CV joint kits for Corrado VR6 £20 SOLD

IMAG0340.jpg

Last edited:

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Brake pipe flaring kit/spanner set/copper pipe/various joints- £20

IMAG0339.jpg

Gear shift selector/cables for conversion- £20

IMAG0337.jpg
Digifant ECU- £25
IMAG0336.jpg

Mk2 rad/fan- £25
IMAG0335.jpg

Golf MK3 VR6 Radiator assembly- £40
IMAG0334.jpg

Mk2 GTi front hubs/calipers/master cylinder- £70

(upgrade from standard mk2 brakes)
IMAG0332.jpg

Original airbox- £15

IMAG0330.jpg

Am based in Lisburn, some of the bigger stuff is out near Moira with the car. Can travel within reason, would prefer NOT to post the stuff. Have advertised on a couple of forums.

Either contact me on here or send an e-mail to biggestfool@hotmail.com.

Mark.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Anymore detail on the condition of the shell, Would be interested in a few bits

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
I can go and take another look and take some pictures if you let me know what you're interested in. There are bad areas of rust on the tailgate and around the windscreen. Have a funny feeling there might be rust on the drivers side wing.

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Startpoint.jpg

I think it's called medium blue metallic. This is a VERY old photo, just after the last time it was driven, I think.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Usual VW spots tbh. Can you check the following
Boot floor
Fuel filler cap
Passenger side front arch
Windscreen, around the areal blank
Drivers side sill.

Can you also advise on the brake bias valve, it will be on the shell of the car near the rear axle, its the splitter block that feeds the rear brakes.

Im just outside of Lisburn, near Moira myself, any chance of getting a look at it?

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
I'm going to go out and take a look at a few things on it, probably tomorrow, but in the meantime no more queries please as I have a few offers on what to do with it. Unless it says sold beside it the rest of the stuff is still for sale.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.