Can anyone repair megatronix units?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
Have an issue with an A5 showing gearbox malfunction on dash.
Code is P17D8 Torque reduction due to clutch temp.
A bit of googling seems to suggest the temp sensor in the megatronix unit is the cause but having never worked on one I wouldn't know where to start.
Has anyone ever had one repaired or even replaced without having had to visit Agnew's and pay ridiculous amounts of £s?

AC

RMS Regular
What transmission is in the car? (code would be good to identify the unit)
Any other codes present on a scan or is that the only one?
Any other characteristics of the car or is this the only issue?

Yes, you could have the ECU/TCM replaced and recoded (or repaired). They are easy enough worked on, but I wouldn't have the kit to repair a TCM.

Give this number a ring and ask for Alex (07748480005). He is based in Bristol but is able to repair TCM related faults for £450 without needing the car (post the unit over, he will diagnose it for free then give you a ring on what to do next).

whyme?

RMS Regular
OP
W
Drives
Mk IV Golf
I've honestly no idea what the gearbox code is. I believe it's a 7 speed s-tronic though.
That is the only fault on the car and it mostly drives flawlessly. The transmission fault flashes up and disappears within a second.
I'll pass the info onto the boss and see what he wants to do.
Cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.