Last trackday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
The last trackday of the year has been scheduled for the 18th October.

The last one was fully booked, 30 bikes in each group with about 5 bikes on reserve!

Get in for it.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I don't think I can do it as I can't get off work and I would have to leave at 1530. I might do the drag as it's closer to me.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Nice one. I'd love to do it.

If you have never done one before my advice is........

Drop your tyre pressures to 30 front and back.

Take 2 laps to let the tyres warm up before pushing on.

Be smooth and build everything up slowly especially throttle application.

But hey what do I know!?!?

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
30 front and back will destroy my tires lol.
Iv done a couple of track days so I know about taking it easy and warming up tires etc. If you end up going to the drag event have fun pal!! Would love to drag my ninja!

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Mate was asking do you need bike licence for Trackdays?

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I picked up a wee 1989 Fzr400 needs abit of tlc,would like to take it to this,would it look out of place at trackday and would it need to be m.o.t, read about needing leathers 1 or 2 piece is this compulsory?

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Doesn't need mot or tax. And yes either 1 or 2 piece leathers. You could allways give them a call and see if there's any leway atall. You see all different types of bikes there. If its 2 wheels and an engine your golden!

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I'm a big lad leathers hard to find lol
It's got 1 wheel atm n engine that's not runnin but i'll get her sorted ,thanks for the info (y)

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
id get it booked if you want to go this weekend bud its the last one of the year and if the last one was anything to go by there wont be many spaces left!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
A 2010 GSXR1000, really it's far too good for taking on the track but then again I very rarely do them so it's not worth buying a track bike and a trailer, just go a bit slower!

913a5e77-7430-4d30-8519-926ecf1367fd_zpsab626c6c.jpg

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
A 2010 GSXR1000, really it's far too good for taking on the track but then again I very rarely do them so it's not worth buying a track bike and a trailer, just go a bit slower!

/QUOTE]
Nice bike man! id love to take my ninja on track, it has the full bazzaz, traction ctrl and better suspension set up so would really thrive, but i couldn't live with myself if i threw it up the track on its side!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Why have all that on the bike if you never get to try it out?

I know what you mean about the risk though!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
I may take it one day, it still gets ridden but just not on track. i actually wanted to take it on a few months back but i never had a DB killer for the akra exhaust. It was after i took the husky to kirky but wanted more speed and i didn't have the 750 at he time.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Booked! (green group) Toyed with the track bike idea, but just cant justify it. Bit like @mike150 with his Gixxer, I will be on the blade, but incase of binning i will be riding like a jinny pisher lol!

Reactions: BLS
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.