WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He might as well phone Malcolm Wilson & see what's happening.

Wilson said the Fiesta would win if it had a world class driver behind the wheel.

Citroen will most certainly keep Østberg with his money & consistency but I don't see anyone to replace Kris in that team. Neuville would be the only option but don't he would leave Hyundai for Citroen.

Sam.

RMS Regular
He doesn't seem happy at Hyundai. Matton would be happy to have Neuville back:
Matton says he would be happy to see him back in Versailles, despite the way the relationship reportedly soured when Neuville turned his back on Citroen, preferring a full M-Sport programme for 2013.

"When Thierry Neuville is free, then you have to put him on the list," he told AUTOSPORT.

"From what I heard, he has a contract, but OK, you can always break a contract.

Saying that, I'd imagine he will still be in his seat at Hyundai in 2016.

Citroen haven't really got much of a choice after ruling out Lefebvre for a full season.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Kris needs someone to pay for him, unfortunately. So unless a factory team picks him up, it will be tough. I thought the factory seats were already taken?

KevM

RMS Regular
I get the impression that Capito is almost that bored of the lack of competition, he would nearly stick another Polo on just to get a bit of team-banter going on with his own boys racing one another! lol

Sam.

RMS Regular
Neuville demoted to the #2 Hyundai Mobis WRT for Rally GB, so that Paddon can score manufacturer points for Hyundai Shell WRT 8-|

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Anybody following Spain? Have been to 4 stages so far, planning on 4 tomorrow, but quite bad layout tomorrow! Here is a screengrab from camera of the flying Meeke!
image.jpeg

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Day 2 not going so welll - latvala puncture but changed it record fast and was setting outstanding pace! Tannak and Evans out! Meeke beeing safe!

Sam.

RMS Regular
Ogier in powerstage crash shocker.

Mikkelsen takes his first WRC win (y)

CSKS_7DXIAARR1e.jpg

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
What a great day! Happy for Mikkelsen even if I am not a big fan! Ogier just wanted to grab those extra points, sadly it cost deeply! Great fight between Andreas and Jari-Matti and Pontus and Kopecky! Screamed my voice out for Meeke at the finish ramp lol :laughing: just a quick screengrab from camera again, all photos soon! Now time to go to rally party!
image.jpeg

Cess

RMS Staff
Tideman was a minute and half up on Kopecky once Lappi disappeared into the trees with the best part of two legs to go. Hardly a big fight. They weren't even in the same race.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Which results were you checking- there was a lead of 35 seconds this morning and was rapidly shrunk to 10 seconds by ss22 and clutch issue for Kopecky gave Pontus victory!

Cess

RMS Staff
Tideman never stretched himself, because he had a comfortable lead. Simple as. Why would he get into a fight with Kopecky? They both drive for the same team, plus Kopecky isn't doing a full WRC2 programme, so there is no way Skoda would have let him take maximum points with team orders.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Well didn't look like team orders- he drove amazing and Kopecky was closing in fast from what I saw on results! Never saw a big lead as you mentioned, but could be the limited internet issues!

Cess

RMS Staff
Tideman hardly set a top 3 time for the last two legs after Lappi crashed Trust me. He was cruising because that's all he had to do.

Clutch issues or not, team orders or not, Kopecky was never taking over ten seconds out of Tideman on the last stage. Kopecky would have needed to be around second a kilometre quicker.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
We got invited to wrc afterparty and spoke to Pontus dad Thomas, I was right Cess they had a major battle as Pontus had a chance at WRC 2 title if Nasser was 4th and Kremer was only a second behind to do that and then powerstage got canceled! So he was driving hard to maintain first according to him! Pontus went away to China straight after to do another rally again, crazy!

Cess

RMS Staff
No, you've actually proved my point that Tideman wasn't in a battle with Kopecky, nor would Kopecky be allowed to beat him. :confounded:

To keep the title alive, Tideman had to finish first and hope Al-Attiyah finished 4th in order to take in to Wales. Before Lappi crashed out, all three official Skoda Motorsport cars were 1-2-3 in WRC2, which would have been enough if they all held position.

When Lappi crashed out, the only hope was to keep Tideman first and Kopecky in the top three and hope Al-Attiyah got into difficulties.

You said Tideman was in a big fight with Kopecky. He wasn't. He was reserving his car and his lead by not taking any risks, as Skoda had already lost Lappi.

Tideman is also part of the MRF Tyres team in Asia-Pacific Championship, where Kopecky has been spending most his time tis year, hence his limited WRC2 programme.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Well what would we mortals know lol! Kopecky was pushing hard in stages and Tidemans father confirmed and seeing them on stages showed it wasn't sunday driving! Drivers surely always listen to team orders as you know! Enough with this, my opinion and my thoughts! Bring on Wales!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
There is a guy from NI who works for them @dufunk and after a conversation with him he did say they really think they will have a very, very competitive car. I sure hope so!
Hopefully will make to a few rounds next year all being well!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Would absolutely love to be going over. Had fully intended to go but unfortunately the other guys all couldn't attend for one reason or another. Definitely have to make a round next year, this is the 2nd year I haven't made it to a round.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.