Mot history for Northern Irish cars.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I have rang Coleraine before and found out that car had been clocked. Probably cant ring them now.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I did this recently, you have to send them a request by email to dva@doeni.gov.uk

Give them as much info as you can and ask for a letter confirming the mileage and date of each MOT.

I had mine within a week.

Anyone know if this is still the quickest way to get MOT history of a car (in NI) for the last 5 or so years?

RevT

RMS Regular
Anyone know if this is still the quickest way to get MOT history of a car (in NI) for the last 5 or so years?

Call them, they’ll tell you mileage recorded for it over the phone. Unless you’re wanting a proper written record?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Call them, they’ll tell you mileage recorded for it over the phone. Unless you’re wanting a proper written record?

Yeah hoping to get proper copies of certs or one letter with them all in it just.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Yeah hoping to get proper copies of certs or one letter with them all in it just.
When I bought my mk1 focus, I emailed them, and they replied fairly quickly with all the dates and recorded mileage at each test.
Cooks

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
just fired email over for the evo for a laugh, do they give previous MOT fails etc like the english history check shows ?

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
emailed them this morning and got an official letter dated with address etc on it stating the miles! pretty impressed and it was about 20 mins after I had emailed lol

only thing is although my miles are 100 as ive owned the car on and off for 10 years its only been motd 4 times :joy:

Ive had it three and it has been sorned off the road the whole time

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
got email back too, no MOT til 2010 tho its 2005 car

sent across to get details of my berlingo lets see how many times its been to the moon and back 😂 😂 😂

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
got email back too, no MOT til 2010 tho its 2005 car

sent across to get details of my berlingo lets see how many times its been to the moon and back 😂 😂 😂
I had the same thought ive about 5 vehicles im interested in but don't want to push my luck so I will leave it a few days before enquiring lol

im sure dva coleraine are probably wondering why they have 100 requests at the same time for vehicles lol

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
I had the same thought ive about 5 vehicles im interested in but don't want to push my luck so I will leave it a few days before enquiring lol

im sure dva coleraine are probably wondering why they have 100 requests at the same time for vehicles lol

van came back quick enough, MOT men at newry are too lazy to record the mileage tho

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I got a quick response from them, very helpful.

Relacement certs are £10 but can only be issued for ones that are still valid.

They gave me a headed letter (within the email) that has each of the dates, locations and mileage. Will do rightly for the buyer (y)

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I got a quick response from them, very helpful.

Relacement certs are £10 but can only be issued for ones that are still valid.

They gave me a headed letter (within the email) that has each of the dates, locations and mileage. Will do rightly for the buyer (y)
S3 going up the road?