Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
@VEN©M Thats a mini0805 in my car (older model of the 0806). Only piece of wire visible is the bit in that photo. Loads of people have been in my car and have not noticed the camera its so discreet behind the mirror. I can't see it from the drivers seat.

I thought I had a pic from outside looking in but I can't find it.

IMG_7061.JPG

RoniN

RMS Regular
That's not a BMW owner !!!
They know where the indicators are and use them.:p

Cheers

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
He made a mistake done some precision driving, then smoked you off the lights :cool:
I didn't even think anyone would try that , i already felt bad being in that lane knowing i have to filter in after the lights (i know there's nothing wrong with it but still hate doing it) but he was really being a **** pulling that move. If i had any idea he was there I'd have made his life more difficult! We spent the next hour sitting at 0 to 15mph on that road.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
@CharlySkunkWeed What cam is that, the quality is 10/10
Just a free app on my phone , which has been great up until i went to use it on a long journey. The phone holder lost its stickyness and it kept falling off every 5 mins. It was a bloody distraction so give up before i caused an accident rather than capture one !
There's always something, last time i went on a long journey , my 32gb memory card with all my music on decided to balls about .

App is called Autoboy Blackbox.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@VEN©M

I appreciate that the pictures are awful but hopefully they give you an idea. You honestly can't see it from any seat in the car and you can just about see the wire. If you take your time when you fit it you can make it very neat.

Last edited:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Read through some posts here but was wondering if someone could advise me on dash cams.

I want it to be hardwired.
I believe the camera is best to be able to.loop the footage
Rear view camera would be great
Must be very discreet as I wouldn't want some arse breaking into my car to Nick it

markmeus

RMS Regular
That was an absolute tit at the end, but lets be honest we all speed from time to time. It's a bit high and mighty posting a video of other people just overtaking plenty of those were safe maneuvers if not a little fast. It's the same with that dashcams ni facebook page, sometimes i don't really see what the problem is on some of the videos he posts.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
**** all wrong with first 3. someone should video him leaving his house to put on youtube and title it ****ers of NI

KevM

RMS Regular
What a bawbeg (the camera dude)

He's the type to be sitting at 50 mph holding up traffic & flashing folk for passing safely....

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Spotted this on YouTube thought it was worth posting. I'm sure the car at the end will be advertised for sale as mint soon

Strange they claim they are all speeding...but no speed is actually shown on camera to support the claim. It doesnt even look like the camera vehicle is travelling at any great speed. There is some iffy overtaking perhaps, but that doesnt mean they're all exceeding the speed limit. Claims of 75-80mph for the yellow car sound a bit exaggerated even if they do manage to crash in style lol

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Strange they claim they are all speeding...but no speed is actually shown on camera to support the claim. It doesnt even look like the camera vehicle is travelling at any great speed. There is some iffy overtaking perhaps, but that doesnt mean they're all exceeding the speed limit. Claims of 75-80mph for the yellow car sound a bit exaggerated even if they do manage to crash in style lol

My gut instinct is that the person with the camera is going below the speed limit. The majority of overtakes I don't see any issue with either. The lexus in that clip I'd say has a number of factors that contrabuted to the spin out....... cheap tyres inexperience etc etc. I know that corner well and it's abit of an accident blackspot if I'm honest