My re -painted MX lid

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
It was a rough Lazer MX6 now repainted..................

I'm pleased with it! I don't have a MXer anymore though!

What does everyone think?

DSC_0019_zpsrbyqksdf.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsoaize07z.jpg

DSC_0021_zps3wdtkjhk.jpg

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I like pink!
The one I'm doing now is all black with music logo's if it reassures everyone!

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I like pink!
The one I'm doing now is all black with music logo's if it reassures everyone!
Would like 1 with a few Dragons n skulls on it :laughing:
How long it take you to do the above 1?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
It took a week or so but in terms of hours probably 2 working days though it was far from new!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
One I just finished, a mates 20 year old Shoei that was red.......................anyone want a helmet painted? It will be cheap, I don't have any to do right now and it's just a hobby.

DSC_0043_zpsrzagbalu.jpg

DSC_0044_zpsqbwhxqc2.jpg

DSC_0045_zpszqr4l6ao.jpg

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Both helmets you see have been stripped, sanded, filled, sanded, base colour applied, marked out, airbrushed using freehand and stencils, clear coated, sanded, buffed, polished and re-built. Quite a bit of work.

So to answer, yes I can do airbrush writing on them. I don't profess to be great at them yet but I'm learning. Well 2 I have done are there to judge. What had you in mind?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Both helmets you see have been stripped, sanded, filled, sanded, base colour applied, marked out, airbrushed using freehand and stencils, clear coated, sanded, buffed, polished and re-built. Quite a bit of work.

So to answer, yes I can do airbrush writing on them. I don't profess to be great at them yet but I'm learning. Well 2 I have done are there to judge. What had you in mind?

I'll pm you sure.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
Great work. When repainted would it be safe enough to use on the road again.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Great work. When repainted would it be safe enough to use on the road again.
A repainted helmet is fine to use, most helmets are fibreglass or a composite. All car helmets come white or black for painting.
The whole inside of the helmet is masked up and all the vent holes plugged. As well as that it's water based paint.

The one type of helmet that should not be repainted is plastic as the 2 pack clearcoat can soften the shell over time, months, but only the very cheapest are plastic.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.