CD70 Navi Unit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shocker

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Hi everyone looking some help please, I purchased a CD70 Navi unit for my Vectra and something has happen that the front of the cd unit doesn't light up and none of the buttons are responding. everything is working off my steering wheel just fine and the screen is working correctly.

When I searched this I found that it could be lose connection behind the face plate so I removed the front face to see and found that the connection behind the front face plate and the base has disconnected. I am looking someone to try and fix this please hopefully its just a case of soldering the part back on but I honestly haven't a clue. Anyone recommend anybody who could fix this for me as soon as possible please?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'm not in the country til Dec 19th buddy! Moving work digs in England and it's taking forever!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
It's the same as the Audi RNSE screens, there's a ribbon cable on the back of the panel and it breaks/comes loose. Or if its the LCD thats faulty, you can replace the front panel, keeping the rest of the gubbin's behind it and it shouldn't need coded to your headunit.

That's what I picked up when I was reading about replacing the RNS-E unit and there was a post about what vectra/zafira screens that fit.

Shocker

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Golf
Thanks Simon no its different. The actual cd unit front panel when you remove that from the base it has like a chip slot which it connects to the base. The part on the base has come off and It looks like it needs soldered back onto the main unit. I'll try and upload a photo of this tomorrow

Shocker

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Golf
please see attached the 081338 shows the connection behind the front plate controls (you can see my terrible attempt to solder) and the 081404 shows both the back plate connection and the front control panel connection it slots into one another.

Attachments

• 20151026_081338.jpg
    20151026_081338.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 482
  • 20151026_081404.jpg
    20151026_081404.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 624

Shocker

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Golf
although i have the connection staying on the back it little metal legs must not be making a connection or not touching

Shocker

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Golf
Hi guys thank you for the help so far i was reading a post that Pablo had as sticky so called A E Electronics this morning and he is going to look at the car tomorrow. Thanks for all your help

Shocker

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Golf
just update on this post, I gave A E Electronics a call and dropped the cd player up to him this morning and received a call back this afternoon everything sorted fully working and installed to my car with no error messages. He done a great job very well pleased especially now that everything is working correctly.

dixy

RMS Regular
Lol glad you got this sorted the same guy who did mine on my zaffy b top bloke and good to know ;-)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.