pattons hydro 8j tt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
Yea disk measurements were all the same so should work with the wavey disks. Provided that is that the piston and pad positioning isn't further out on the Porsche than the rs6 which would leave the pad braking on the wave and would wear like mad id imagine?

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
image-jpg.101131

lol at that complete dildo salesman with a website tattooed on his arm!!! just incase he forgets it!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Love this car but I'm not sure at all on those wheels ... Maybe I'm just an old ba****d now ... Not sure whether it's the colour of the wheels against the red or else the wheels being really OTT against a stockish body ... Possibly a TTRS spoiler would help the rear end out ... Who knows

Still looking forward to seeing it at dubshed though ...

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I like the gold against the red, I know this is what the car is about but for me I think normal sized tyres and lowered to just above the tyre would look so menacing and you'd also be able to rag the arse of the thing.

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
Thanks for all the comments. I quite like the gold and red but not sure if it's the right colour of gold. Could be something to look into.

I like the gold against the red, I know this is what the car is about but for me I think normal sized tyres and lowered to just above the tyre would look so menacing and you'd also be able to rag the arse of the thing.

Tyres are 225s on an 8.5 so not much stretch at all and it drives really nice at driving height. Only had them on a short run to make sure there were no problems but looking dorward to getting a proper run in them

loud n low

RMS Regular
Really like the gepferett "look" ,I love what they do(even if it means,like all trends,that the 'felter/every young moron in small rural villages across the land may by de-fault,become ultra cool ;) or,maybe by this year they will have moved on to strtch and poke!!!)

You do realise that these wheels now need about 3 grand of brakes sat behind them?!

loud n low

RMS Regular
Looking forward to seeing it come together,as I said I love this look,massive brakes are the ultimate in style and practicality!

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
so I've been keeping myself rather busy over the past month, i had been gathering up some parts for a while and its all finally coming together. bought a damaged tts front bumper and repaired it, new set of ttrs side skirts and due to how tight the front fitment was on the oz wheels a set of mucke 30mm wider wings along with a ttrs grill.
id always fancied white tt before i bought one but i couldn't find a white tfsi in my price range so i settled for red, but the urge got the better of me and i decided to have a go myself at doing a vinyl wrap on the car. I'm pretty pleased with how it has came out and i enjoyed doing it. few bits of dust under it here and there but its to be expected really when your doing it in your garage. anyway heres a few pics of my progress along the way. wrapping the door shuts tonight and then brakes are going on tomorrow night hopefully then a good clean and ready for dub shed.

started by stripping the front down for the replacement parts and to allow me to wrap around the leading edge of the doors

offering up one of the new wings to see how it lined up, pretty impressed with the fit

first panel on the car done

little detail of the corners, took me a bt of work to get into the way of how to approach the corners but i think i got better at it as i went on

bonnet was probably the most awkward panel to do due to the size of it

tts bumper done with the new grills in

few corner details

and one of the finished wrap.

i know some people won't like the idea of it but for me it was a cost effective way of getting what i wanted and i always enjoy trying something new :grinning: would love to hear what you think.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Class. Did you do the wrap all by yourself? Can't wait to see it with the brakes on.

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
yea did it all at home adam and ian lent me a hand a few nights which helped me out as i kept running out of hands lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.