F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Damn, thats a quick move by RB. No beating around the bush there.

Great move for Max to the 'senior' team but it will be interesting to see what he makes of the Reno power compared to the 2015 Ferrari donkey in the Torro Rosso

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Not just the donkey but the different chassis too, and the engineers but I reckon he'll be grand

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Harsh on Kyvat. Podium in China was quickly forgotten about.

What will Red Bull do if Max has a few bad races?

Really it's all about keeping Max from going to Ferrari/Mercedes anytime soon. *He'll end up at one eventually.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was a surprise indeed! Not that Max got bumped, he is certainly good enough and has the $$$ as well it seems. But so early, and mid season, seems a bit odd just. As above, not like Kvyat is doing a bad job either.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Funny that there are more comments on off-track politics than the actual races, lol :grinning:

Caught the highlights of the Russian GP. Merc is making a bit of a mockery of it all at the moment... Nico cruising away in the distance without even trying. And Lewis making it from tenth to second by the first pit stop. Some good racing and overtakes by Lewis, as expected, but still, the obvious performance gap is just ridiculous.

Was brilliant just behind Merc/Ferrari though :grinning:

Yes, that is how F1 goes I guess, no worse than the RB/Vettel years, or Ferrari/Schumacher. Their cars were also so much faster they could get podiums from last on the grid. It just seems like Merc have everything locked down so tight nobody will ever be able to catch up. Even Ferrari struggling ffs, and nobody else has a hope.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That wouldn't have helped i would imagine

Cannot imagine Vettel moaning about a race incident would have had any influence at all to be honest. First one was Vettel's own, second one Kvyat's. Big deal, **** happens.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Actually looking forward to the transfer season starting, some good drivers with contracts up this year and not a lot of seats. With Stoffel Vandoorne looking for a seat and Williams 2 guys out of contract, Jenson Button too I believe and the 2 Renault seats for next year. Could get interesting

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Cannot imagine Vettel moaning about a race incident would have had any influence at all to be honest. First one was Vettel's own, second one Kvyat's. Big deal, **** happens.

Crashing into Vettel twice may not have helped his case if he was already under scrutiny/in the spot light, Vettel moaning about a race incident to the team principal in public also wouldn't have helped his case. I doubt he would be transitioning to TR this week if he had of stayed out of trouble/finished or qualified ahead of his team mate

CHR15-53AT

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT Ibiza
really unlucky for Daiil, i like the guy and reckon he has talent, just a few poor racing choices and outcomes, but his racecraft will come, and attitude, I wonder too if there is an element of punishing him before the FIA does with race bans, a la Grosjean.

This notion of "If you no longer go for a gap, you are not racing" doesn't wash with me, if a door is closing you dont run into it, it will cause accidents, and that is not racing, its not BTCC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Actually looking forward to the transfer season starting, some good drivers with contracts up this year and not a lot of seats. With Stoffel Vandoorne looking for a seat and Williams 2 guys out of contract, Jenson Button too I believe and the 2 Renault seats for next year. Could get interesting

All depends on Kimi: If he stays less people will end up moving teams…if he goes the transfer merry-go-round will be in full swing!

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
All depends on Kimi: If he stays less people will end up moving teams…if he goes the transfer merry-go-round will be in full swing!
Good point, it's the most attractive seat on the grid to get the drivers thinking about jumping, but there is still space for some intrigue

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Impressive quali by Verstappen, but Ricciardo put the wee kid in his place :cool: :innocent: All on one lap, how cool is that, lol. Impressive form by RB, see if they can bring it to Ferrari in the race. Doubt it, but here's hoping :grinning:

And Lewis showed what is what at the front when the car holds together.

Great by Fernando as well. But what was up with Button?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Great quali, Ricciardo was ace, we thought he was going to get blown away by his new team mate.
Heads will roll at Ferrari if something doesn't happen soon. Roll on the race.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Head in hands says it all

Cifxuf9WkAIRfXJ.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hard to fully blame either.

Sky doing their best to blame Rosberg.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.