Upgrading Audi A4 b6 double din head unit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
i discovered the radio/cd in my 2004 A4 cabrio is faulty and is draining the battery so it's time to replace it.

I could get a new one at 320 quid or a 2nd one at 60.

But I was thinking of a possible upgrade to something that's modern, plug and play and has Bluetooth for the phone.

Don't need DAB or anything fancy that needs new aerials etc, just something that I can swap into the cage and switch on.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks

pablo

RMS Moderator
you have double din at the moment?

I replaced my HU in my B7 with an alpine with BT etc. bought a can bus adapter that done everything inc steering controls but you lose the DIS display part. Not sure if the B6 is can bus Ill see if I can dig it out. Was £35 ish

alternatively you can buy chinese double dins that look like std but are actually android or something. usually cheap sh!te though.

pablo

RMS Moderator
looks like the one I have, proper plug and play. Ive got a single DIN though so only needed the wiring.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
OP
Ghisallo
Thanks gents, by my fook it all looks so complex!

I just want to slide the audi unit out,
100_1915.jpg

And slide a new more modern unit straight in!

pablo

RMS Moderator
its actually not too bad at all. the connectors can only really go one way. fitting the cage and fascia is usually good craic though as they are fairly universal jobbies.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
OP
Ghisallo
I take it a new radio doesn't come with a cage and that you need to buy one which fits into the recess in the car?

I am totally ignorant about these things!

pablo

RMS Moderator
the one that comes with it is a std rectangle. you need the one above to fit the A4 dash. you might end up using a mix of both parts but the kit should have everything you need.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I take it a new radio doesn't come with a cage and that you need to buy one which fits into the recess in the car?

I am totally ignorant about these things!
The cage that comes with the stereo won't fit in the Connects2 Facia. It is a way to get extra dough out of the customer!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.