Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

genman

G
looks like cracking weather this year at least for Thursday...hoping to go up early on thurs and then play it by ear for saturday

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
might join ya geraldo for the criac, i'm free all day thursday, just waiting on the weather closer to the time, no point if its a pisser.
i might have trouble keeping up though, take it easy on me

:oops::oops::oops:
-
-
-

;)

Normally meet at sandyknows roundabout lad

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Wasn't even the r/r. More tests revealed this. No NW200 for me this year :worried:

Attachments

• IMG-20160509-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20160509-WA0014.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 131

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
I usually play it by ear, if the weather's grim I'll watch it on the internet and if not I'll drag myself up there.

The forecast is looking good so I imagine I'll be standing near the Juniper Hill chicane come Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon :cool:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'm not beat yet, new stator ordered today and should be here tomorrow, fitted tomorrow night and bike will be ready for Thursday :laughing:

Cess

RMS Staff
Michael Dunlop fastest on the superbike in practice (y) :laughing: Seeley second, Hutchinson third. Loads of guys breaking the 200mph barrier.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Michael Dunlop fastest on the superbike in practice (y) :laughing: Seeley second, Hutchinson third. Loads of guys breaking the 200mph barrier.

Some day for it today! Great to see MD pull that one out of the bag, I wasn't really expecting that!

Shame to see William Dunlop without his contracted bikes, but I heard last week that it was looking like they wouldn't be ready on time. Not sure whether there is more to that story that we're hearing though....

Hutchy is one to watch I think, and maybe even Jeremy McWilliams.

No matter what happens though, I think we're in for a great event!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
His avoidance of watson's questions on the live feed said to me any big deal was dead and sour

ilovequo

RMS Regular
William deserves a good bike...
He's got the pace to win races, just doesn't seem to take the risks that his brother and others do.

Cess

RMS Staff
Yeah, Superstock practice was red flagged. Rider off, suspected broken leg according to the North West 200 Twitter account.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
ben wilson - compound fracture to the leg, been chatting to one of the EHA racing teams sons

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog:

The international road racing season begins in earnest tomorrow, with the opening three races of this year’s North West 200. In recent times, the event has been beset with poor weather; however the sunshine has been unyielding along the scenic Causeway Coast, resulting in perfect conditions for racing.

First held in 1929, the NW200 is a pure street circuit using the roads which link the seaside towns of Portrush and Portstewart with Coleraine. The track has a distinctive triangle shape consisting of two long, very high speed straights, connected by the sweeping road which hugs the spectacular Atlantic shoreline.

So what’s it really like to lap this circuit at an average speed of 120 mph or higher? Climb aboard John Burrow’s bike for a 360 degree view, courtesy of this amazing video from the BBC.... Read the Entire Article Here
maxresdefault.jpg

Read the Entire Article Here

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
One of the easiest jobs I've ever done on a bike. Old stator out, new one in and bike all rebuilt. Ready for a run up the coast today. And the bike is now charging again.

Attachments

• 20160511_222053.jpg
    20160511_222053.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-20160511-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20160511-WA0009.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20160511-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20160511-WA0014.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG-20160511-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20160511-WA0017.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20160511-WA0021.jpeg
    IMG-20160511-WA0021.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 125

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Yeah real easy had to do 1 on the r6

Older bikes needed a puller to get them off (mid-90's bikes) but this newer stuff is a lot handier. Should have added an extra earth to the battery, but didn't have anything thicker than some stripped back house plug cable. Will sort it next week.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.