Would you change?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
because this is how leasing PCP'ing a new car works. I know plenty of people who change every year with ZERO deposit and another new car.
So do I but negative equity can rear it's expensive head as I know well.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
So do I but negative equity can rear it's expensive head as I know well.
The monthly payment needS to balance against the residuals so that in 12 months they can get you out and go again and also leaves them able to clear finance and sell the car whilst still making something.

For example BMW's are awful when it comes to this with the majority being in negative equity and needing a hefty chunk of money just to clear. Hence why their residuals are set so low for three years time as they have shifted so many units the market will be flooded with them

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
That new GTi seems to be some job. Not wait for one of those @redanni ?

I did look at them, but there's no discount available. Although I did see a pic of one in Carbon Grey with black wheels and it looked superb(y)
Have sent Agnews an email with the deal I've been offered to see what they can offer?
I hadn't set out to change, i just heard on the grapevine there was decent deals to be had and curiousity got the better of me.
We shall see

David.S what spec is your car?
I thought about DCC but thought it might be a bit of a gimmick, need to try it

Dave..

RMS Regular
I did look at them, but there's no discount available. Although I did see a pic of one in Carbon Grey with black wheels and it looked superb(y)
Have sent Agnews an email with the deal I've been offered to see what they can offer?
I hadn't set out to change, i just heard on the grapevine there was decent deals to be had and curiousity got the better of me.
We shall see

David.S what spec is your car?
I thought about DCC but thought it might be a bit of a gimmick, need to try it
Mine has the black leather heated seats, reverse camera, auto dimming headlights and 19" wheels.
DSG and lapiz blue. I think thats it.
I still haven't figured out the radar braking and probably never will.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Mine has the black leather heated seats, reverse camera, auto dimming headlights and 19" wheels.
DSG and lapiz blue. I think thats it.
I still haven't figured out the radar braking and probably never will.

Ah man the ACC is superb David, I use it all the time, for a motorway journey it's faultless. Just turn it on, set your speed and steer, don't touch any pedal from Belfast to Dublin:grinning:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Ah man the ACC is superb David, I use it all the time, for a motorway journey it's faultless. Just turn it on, set your speed and steer, don't touch any pedal from Belfast to Dublin:grinning:
I need you to show me how. :grinning:

Dave..

RMS Regular
So got chatting with Agnews this morning, and even though they proposed a pretty good deal it's just so so slightly more than I really wanted to pay, and I'm talking £10pm here, I know it sounds very little but it's enough for me to say no for now:worried:.
£120 a year, sure you would spend that on fuel in a month. Life is too short :p

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
£120 a year, sure you would spend that on fuel in a month. Life is too short :p

I know David, and tbh the money I'd spend on my 2nd years tax come Seotember (£180) will cost more, plus I'm really hating the fact the new 3 doors don't have the option for keyless, that's a big negative for me(n). I think it's a very good deal.....just not a fantastic one if you know what I mean:rolleyes:
PS I wish my fuel was only £120 a month:confounded:

MarkM

RMS Regular
So got chatting with Agnews this morning, and even though they proposed a pretty good deal it's just so so slightly more than I really wanted to pay, and I'm talking £10pm here, I know it sounds very little but it's enough for me to say no for now:worried:.

Doesn't matter if it's £10 or £100, if your gut instinct is no, just enjoy the red one!

Dave..

RMS Regular
I know David, and tbh the money I'd spend on my 2nd years tax come Seotember (£180) will cost more, plus I'm really hating the fact the new 3 doors don't have the option for keyless, that's a big negative for me(n). I think it's a very good deal.....just not a fantastic one if you know what I mean:rolleyes:
PS I wish my fuel was only £120 a month:confounded:
I had keyless on my gt86 and hated it, I was glad I could spec the R without it.
Go with your gut and have another look in 6 months.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.