Hydraulic Press

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Heard of the brand before but never bought anything of theirs. Not because I don't think they're ok, just not had the opportunity.
Looks very similar to the economy sealey one which I have though which has been fine for bushes and bearing and alloy wheel straightening etc.
Sealey
Bought mine from Wilsons in Glenavy and they do better prices than sealey quote on their website. Talk to @lightning on here.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
OP
greyfloppyhat
Had a look through the tool shed's website and they seem to only sell quite high brands so I'd assume this is of a good standard.

Had seen the sealey but was a lot more for only a 10 ton, whereas the above was 20.

If you could give me a price for a 20 ton unit @lightning that would be greatly appreciated, I'd prefer to stick to shop I know

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
When I bought mine my cousin had one similar to this (jack type one) and told me not to buy one the same

Instead I bought the one with the actual ram on it and has been 100%,although it's only a 12 ton one it's been spot on for any bearings/bushes etc I've used it for

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Going to pick up on of these as I've a ton of bushes that will need removed and it should make life a lot easier.

Came across this one,

Us Pro Mac 20 Ton Hydraulic Shop Press - Special Offers

Never heard of the brand though, can anyone give any input?

Thanks

I've one the same as it ( albeit in red ). Have had it for many years now. They are cheap chinese crap, but it gets the job done. I think I paid about £80-90 for mine when I bought it off egay, although I had to arrange a courier to lift it from England, which cost another £80 or so on a pallet.

Annoying parts are a very low working height and no pressure gauge. But it's a press, it presses things. That was all I needed. I do ahve mine sitting on top of a pair of big kerbstones now to lift it up a bit so working height isnt so bad...but realistically raising it a good 18-24" off the ground would be better.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
OP
greyfloppyhat
Sealey

Might go for this, seems like it would do the job it's just for bushes really.

@bigsigh as much as love to burn stuff, I just don't have the time when I've a whole E36 to do

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
do you have a link to the one you went for @gizmo98?

Something along these lines
10 Tonne Bench Mounted Workshop Hydraulic Press ?

A 10 ton one similar to that will be around £170 +vat.

Sealey

A 20 ton will be around £290+.vat.

Sealey

Or the slightly cheaper bottle jack version of the 20t floor one around £225+vat.

Sealey

We have a cheaper make too tho the sealey are always well put together and everything always fits. I'm in scotland at the minute with no internet so may not get back to you fast till monday!

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
OP
greyfloppyhat
A 10 ton one similar to that will be around £170 +vat.

Sealey

A 20 ton will be around £290+.vat.

Sealey

Or the slightly cheaper bottle jack version of the 20t floor one around £225+vat.

Sealey

We have a cheaper make too tho the sealey are always well put together and everything always fits. I'm in scotland at the minute with no internet so may not get back to you fast till monday!

Thanks Simon, the 10 at that price is perfect for me. I'll take a trip down to yourselves once I'm back home next week

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.