Leon Cupra R 225

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Have the same wheel though it'll wear away to nothing when your hands start sweating on long drives etc
I had a suede wheel for a while but they wear in no time and dont feel the best. They are designed for racing gloves. I changed for the same wheel but in leather.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I had a suede wheel for a while but they wear in no time and dont feel the best. They are designed for racing gloves. I changed for the same wheel but in leather.

Yeah but you'd look a bit silly driving everywhere with gloves on lol
I'm going for a leather one to next time.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
This is apparently "suede leather" so I don't know of that'll make it more durable or its just a name

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Boost gauge all hooked up, though I'm making around 22psi so I'm past the gauge max ha

IMAG2295.jpg

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Got the car cleaned and went over it with a bit of quick detailer so I could see exactly what needs to be done, thing is plastered in tar so that's first on the list along with a clay and buff, both rear arches have a little paint missing on them so going to touch that up, ordered a load of stuff to let me properly get the car sorted like a portable impact gun, jack, stands etc etc so I can get the wheels off and do the arches and so forth, Interior also needs a good clean so come the better weather the seats and carpets will be getting a good scrub along with the mats, everything should come up pretty well, it's mint inside, it's just not my standard of clean lol

Brakes get a little spongy under heavy braking so next year when I can it'll be getting braided hoses, DS2500 pads and new, matching tyres, all round :p (has 3 different makes at the moment :/)

Anyway, took some non phone camera pics.

IMG_9432.jpg
IMG_9435.jpg
IMG_9436.jpg
IMG_9441.jpg
IMG_9439.jpg
IMG_9444.jpg

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Ripped this out whatever it was, seemed to have something to do with the OEM diverter valve and it wasn't actually connected to anything on than a plug which I'm going to get a resistor for

image.jpeg

Ordered some new R badges as the ones on it are corroding so when I'm buffing it next month I'll replace those to freshen the outside up a bit more

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Thanks Andy, yeah this one goes just as well as the 280 I had

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Got a DAS6 Pro for my birthday and I've been itching to try it out, thought the paint was faded because the spoiler looked a bit deeper in colour, turns out some clown painted the spoiler emocion red instead of flash red haha, so that's another thing to add to the list

Didn't get enough time to hard wire my dash cam or re do the CV boot on the passenger side so I'll get those done next week

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Getting the car ready for Loughgall tomorrow over the last week, starting with the seats

image.jpeg

Changed out the crappy silicone centre caps in favour of some genuine ones

image.jpeg

And got rid of the old corroded R badges and replaced with genuine ones

image.jpeg

Also ordered an Airtec FMIC which should be here next week, and both CVs are needing replaced

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.