BMW DAB retrofit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone know if DAB can be retrofitted easily to an E92? I know in VAG cars modules can be fitted and coded, but can similar be done in BM's? Is the E92 fibre optic?

I assume the same principal applies in the E60 etc too, so if anyone has done it in another model if be keen to hear too.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Want an E92. Not allowed one at present though!

Just planning ahead. I couldn't go back to a car without DAB now so if it's not possible then there'd be no point fighting with her too much over it!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The link above with the Fistune model looks like the job.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
@AlpineF30 think I remember you doing a lot of coding on your E60? Radio/DAB may or may not of been covered not sure.

Yeah I done quite a bit on my E60 and my F30,

I couldn't get DAB on my E60 as it was an early (04) model so had none of the neccessary hardware and had an ancient version of iDrive installed, was a 4 hour coding and upgrading session just to get iPod integration working lol.

I think the two things required apart from the DAB antenna obviously is a CIC whic is compatible with DAB with and a Combox, my E60 couldn't support DAB as I couldn't plug the antenna in and would have been a full dash out and replace the ancient CCC with a later CIC then swap the monitor, dash panels and iDrive controller.

@Lyons if you are after an E92 with DAB I think it will have to be quite a fresh one most likely an LCI which has the updated CIC rather than the CCC installed although early versions of the CIC didn't come with a DAB socket either so its an absolute minefield.

CCC:

CIC:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Crap, that Fistune one requires the CIC too I see.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I think that means @Lyons youre just going to have to buy a petrol one and not give a hoot about what the radio can or can't do.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeah I had it added to my E60 CCC used a kit called a Dension Gateway 500 for it and it took the place of the cd changer in the glove box.

Literally searching YouTube ad we speak here to see how the Dension appears on the I drive screen.

Can you retrofit the oem USB/aux ports in the armrest?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Literally searching YouTube ad we speak here to see how the Dension appears on the I drive screen.

Can you retrofit the oem USB/aux ports in the armrest?

I remember seeing that the Aux port can be retrofitted and is quite a common mod on a a CCC bit not sure about USB

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Had a look at a Dension 500 video in YouTube and it looks dead on, the only thing I don't like is having to go into the cd changer, but at least when you're in it gives full song titles, artists etc. And has the bonus of integrated Bluetooth too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.